Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

If you found out.....

From a source, that you believed and trusted, that gay people were born that way, and evolution was basically as stated by science.... Would that have any effect on your view of the Bible?

2. Member
    Seems like you’ve asked this question before.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisco View Post
    Actually, I went back thru old post and I didn't see a repeat. Have you answered a question like this before?

4. Member
    Look back in July….similar question.

5. Member
    Yup, you are right Chisco, same questions with different wording approach. Make you wonder what's the hang up!

6. Banned
    Simple, Simon or Peter depending on the scribe(s) <--- too many chefs ruin the stew? (that is another debate..)

Play some Lady Gaga "Born that way"

Come on now, who amongst the brethren would point fingers at what someone else would do and whom they would Love?

Luke again?

7. Member
    Dig and Chisco, you guys seriously crack me up. There are literally hundreds of threads discussing "Grace", "salvation", and how to define the word "soon" yet you poke at poor rexico for bringing up a topic that has been discussed before? Are you serious?
    Last edited by HoustonG; 11-21-2021 at 01:49 PM.
    Full blood Nikonian

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post

Come on now, who amongst the brethren would point fingers at what someone else would do and whom they would Love?
    I've got an answer. It's the brethren who would rather not shine a spotlight on their own lying, cheating, infidelity, and sexual deviancy.
    Gotta keep those gays in line with God's word though!!!
    Full blood Nikonian

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonG View Post
    Dig and Chisco, you guys seriously crack me up. There are literally hundreds of threads discussing "Grace", "salvation", and how to define the word "soon" yet you poke at poor rexico for bringing up a topic that has been discussed before? Are your serious?
    Not poking….simply referring him back to the answers I provided before to essentially the same question. I’m not stopping anyone from answering again if they like.

God’s Grace and Salvation are arguably the two most important subjects in the Bible. I hope they are discussed continually.

Why do you say “poor Rexico”?
    Last edited by Chisco; 11-21-2021 at 10:26 AM.

10. Member
    Not poking….simply referring him back to the answers I provided before to essentially the same question. I’m not stopping anyone from answering again if they like.

God’s Grace and Salvation are arguably the two most important subjects in the Bible. I hope they are discussed continually.

Why do you say “poor Rexico”?
    Good question since I know nothing of his finances

I do like your idea of referencing previously answered questions. I'm pretty sure this whole forum could be condensed down to one page of threads if we did that across the board.
    Full blood Nikonian

11. Banned
    When I first started with the questions, a year or so ago, my purpose was to hear the thoughts and reasoning of people that made a life studying the bible. I attended
    First Baptist most every Sunday when I was young. The 10 y.o. Rexico always had questions the ss teacher couldn't or wouldn't answer. Skip ahead 60 yrs.
    I thought their must be something I didn't understand. Where could their be a better place to find out what I missed, than from this forum? I don't remember what my first question was, but it was not well received. Attacks and accusations of every description. (Atheist, pervert, troll, comes to mind.) My opinions now, were formed by 4 or 5 fine Christian men that regularly post here, and a couple of lurkers than comment every once in a while. My biggest question now is why do some Bible verses anger people? I could list 20 direct quotes from the Bible that wouldn't get a direct answer, bring out nasty, accusations, or no response. The questions are for my benefit, I am not trying to change you.
    Remember when you ask your teenager a question, and he, or she became angry and defensive, or wouldn't answer? Didn't you become suspicious and have more questions?
    Anyone want to go fishing in Mexico?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    From a source, that you believed and trusted, that gay people were born that way, and evolution was basically as stated by science.... Would that have any effect on your view of the Bible?

Without going into great detail, here is my answer rexico.

1. I believe "some" gay people are born that way.

2. I believe "some" choose to be gay at some point in their life due to various influences and circumstances as they travel this thing we call life.

Did I always believe this ? No, I was raised in a southern Baptist church in my early years and "free will " was the dominate view.

If this verse means what it seems to say it means...................... Christians should not have a problem believing God created "some" gay.

"Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me (Psalm-51:5)

As to Evolution........................ thats a much more complicated question and I may at some point provide my current understanding to that question as well.

My edit : I wasn't taught how to lie when I was a baby, or a youngster................. I was born with that ability and knowledge .

13. Member
    When I first started with the questions, a year or so ago, my purpose was to hear the thoughts and reasoning of people that made a life studying the bible. I attended
    First Baptist most every Sunday when I was young. The 10 y.o. Rexico always had questions the ss teacher couldn't or wouldn't answer. Skip ahead 60 yrs.
    I thought their must be something I didn't understand. Where could their be a better place to find out what I missed, than from this forum? I don't remember what my first question was, but it was not well received. Attacks and accusations of every description. (Atheist, pervert, troll, comes to mind.) My opinions now, were formed by 4 or 5 fine Christian men that regularly post here, and a couple of lurkers than comment every once in a while. My biggest question now is why do some Bible verses anger people? I could list 20 direct quotes from the Bible that wouldn't get a direct answer, bring out nasty, accusations, or no response. The questions are for my benefit, I am not trying to change you.
    Remember when you ask your teenager a question, and he, or she became angry and defensive, or wouldn't answer? Didn't you become suspicious and have more questions?
    Anyone want to go fishing in Mexico?
    I will be happy to provide explanations to Bible verses from my perspective if I am able to do so. However, sometimes, you have to have a greater understanding of the Bible to accept the answer.

14. Member
    Houston,

Apart from you sounding like having a bromance with rexico, he has clearly stated that 'When I first started with the questions, a year or so ago, my purpose was to hear the thoughts and reasoning'.

There were plenty of answers given, yet just like his slavery BS, none seemed to be satisfactory to him, so he had brought it up in different favors again.as with the homosexual question.

I am the type of person that I don't hide behind anyone or anything, so if I have a earnest question about something, I step forward give you my opinion and ask the question, which I may have misconstrued you being that type of person also.

same questions with different wording approach. Make you wonder what's the hang up!

I think I am being very clear that if you have a hang up, state your opinion and let talk about it, which BTW, was already discussed at nauseum.

15. Member
    Rexico, I've seen a couple of comments on this forum recently where you and I are "categorized" because we are honest with our questions and comments. I don't think it was meant negatively but we are filed in a different folder so to speak. There's nothing wrong with the questions but it's sometimes made uncomfortable to ask them. It goes back to what you said about your Sunday school experience. In actuality it's conditioning much like was pointed out by dozer yesterday in a different thread. We are conditioned early on in church to not ask certain questions. Because of that most people don't. It's simply the path of least resistance to avoid the forbidden questions. Here's the secret nobody will admit to: THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME QUESTIONS (they just won't say them out loud).
    Full blood Nikonian

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Houston,

Apart from you sounding like having a bromance with rexico, he has clearly stated that 'When I first started with the questions, a year or so ago, my purpose was to hear the thoughts and reasoning'.

There were plenty of answers given, yet just like his slavery BS, none seemed to be satisfactory to him, so he had brought it up in different favors again.as with the homosexual question.

I am the type of person that I don't hide behind anyone or anything, so if I have a earnest question about something, I step forward give you my opinion and ask the question, which I may have misconstrued you being that type of person also.

same questions with different wording approach. Make you wonder what's the hang up!

I think I am being very clear that if you have a hang up, state your opinion and let talk about it, which BTW, was already discussed at nauseum.
    Dig, I'll ask you a question. Why don't you give the same response every time the same old topics are discussed over and over and over? Why this topic today? Think about it, is it the question that annoyed you? Or was it the person who was asking it?

Bromance? It's called honesty. You're letting your herd mentality get the best of you. You agreed with chisco earlier, but it never occurred to me to accuse you of having sexual interest in him.

(P. S. It's ad nauseam)
    Last edited by HoustonG; 11-21-2021 at 02:23 PM.
    Full blood Nikonian

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonG View Post
    Rexico, I've seen a couple of comments on this forum recently where you and I are "categorized" because we are honest with our questions and comments. I don't think it was meant negatively but we are filed in a different folder so to speak. There's nothing wrong with the questions but it's sometimes made uncomfortable to ask them. It goes back to what you said about your Sunday school experience. In actuality it's conditioning much like was pointed out by dozer yesterday in a different thread. We are conditioned early on in church to not ask certain questions. Because of that most people don't. It's simply the path of least resistance to avoid the forbidden questions. Here's the secret nobody will admit to: THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME QUESTIONS (they just won't say them out loud).
    Houston/Rexico….I will do my best to answer any question you have but my answers will come from the Word of God (four corners of the Bible). In most cases, your questions help me study.

18. Member
    That's very kind of you Chisco, thank you! This is rexicos thread and rexicos question so he can speak for himself. For me, I already know the Bible/church answer to questions like these. I only concern myself with God's opinion.
    Full blood Nikonian

19. Member
    Fair enough but remember God has no opinions….only His Word.

20. Member
    No….God’s Word reigns supreme always and forever.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast