Thread: Bumble Bee 2100

Bumble Bee 2100

I posted in the Phoenix forum as well hoping to get some info. There is a sharp 2001 2100 with a 2018 225 Yamaha SHO for sale not far from me. I owned a 278FD and 290 Pro Sport in the early 2000s and loved them. Was the 2100 a good fishing platform? He's asking 22k, but everything is high right now. The motor makes up most of the cost. Am I crazy for even considering a boat this old? Part of my motivation is that I can pay cash for this and still have money left over for upgrades. All the 921 and 721 Phoenix boats near me are 45k and up. Most aren't in near as good of condition as this Bee and are 2nd or 3rd owner boats (meaning no hull warranty for me) with 2 stroke Pro XS 250s.
    2009 Triton 21X3 250 Mercury Optimax Pro XS
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    2 Lowrance HDS Live 12s at bow w/ Active Target
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 and 12 at console
    2 8' Power Pole Pro Series

2. Member
    Look very close at the stringers, and knee braces.

3. Member
    I looked at the boat again today. Everything I could see looked fine. There wasn't any obvious signs of rot or damage to the transom area at all. How would I tell besides a visual? I removed the transom saver, tilted the motor up pretty high and pushed down on the prop/skeg and didn't see any movement in the transom. I used a flashlight to shine across the outside gel and couldn't see any cracks, bulges or low spots. The inside of the transom looked normal as well. One thing I did notice was a hole that had been cut in a brace on the driver side, there was wiring passing through it but it looked like it came that way from the factory.
    2009 Triton 21X3 250 Mercury Optimax Pro XS
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    2 Lowrance HDS Live 12s at bow w/ Active Target
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 and 12 at console
    2 8' Power Pole Pro Series