Another new offering from Springfield

This release was a day or two ago but it's basically their Mil-Spec 1911 with some of the modern upgrades like beavertail, skeletonized hammer/trigger, and Novak style sights at a very good price IMO. For an off the shelf 1911 I'd love to have a TRP but my dream would be to send a Colt series 70 to Wilson Combat and basically have them turn it into this gun along with their custom tuning of the hammer, sear, trigger, and custom barrel to bushing fitment. I had a stainless Kimber TLE 5" in college that I had to sell because I was in college and should have never bought it but I've wanted another government size 1911 since, instead I've bought Glocks and ARs.

1911 Garrison Handguns - Springfield Armory (springfield-armory.com)

2. Member
    I like the black version best.

My dad had a Colt 1911. Wonder what happened to it. Must've sold or traded it.

3. Banned
    Some of these mods are not really needed such as the beavertail. If you don't get hammer bite, it isn't needed. But it does look good. The Novak sight cut seems to have become the standard too.
    I have a Series 70 Colt. I fit a new trigger in it myself,polished the feed ramp and trigger track myself also. It has gotten ridiculous with the wait times that decent 1911 gunsmith have. And half the stuff people get done are things that are just to make the weapon look cool and don't really affect the function of the weapon, but the Novak cuts are nice. That would cost about 150 bucks to have done, not including the price of the sights themselves. I bought a staking tool and re did my sights myself, but I will say that there is a learning curve associated with doing that job.

I am in the market for a 1911 style 45 and will definitely look at this one. An SA35 is in my future too.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

I like SA, From their xd lines to the 1911's. The 1911's will run just fine out of the box. The ronin operator in 10mm is one of my favorites.