Long C-Rig/Football jig Rod

The technique specific threads that are stickied aren’t very active, so I’m posting this here.

I’m on the hunt for a dragging rod. Mostly Carolina rigs and 1/2 to 3/4 oz jigs. I’d like it to be under $200 and 7’6”+ The rod I currently use for this is a 7’7” Shimano Crucial labeled as a flipping stick. I really like it and want something similar, but don’t see anything comparable in Shimano’s current lineup.

Some rods I’m currently thinking about are:
    Powell Endurance 765
    Dobyns Sierra 765
    St Croix Victory Power Flipn model

Any comments on these rods or different rod recommendations would be much appreciated!

2. Member
    Do you have a specific price range? The rod i am using for exactly what youre asking about is a Diawa Tatula Elite AGS 7’6” H. It is an awesome rod. I couldnt be happier with it

Phenix Feather 77 XH would be one worth checking out...exactly the length you want, and under budget at $180. I personally like a little shorter rod for dragging as I find I tend to over-work the bait with a longer rod, plus lose a little more of my casts when I get closer to the boat, so I've been running the 7'3" XH version (just 4" shorter than the one I recommended) for this exact purpose for 2.5 years now an absolutely LOVE it. Super sensitive, super light, perfect tip, perfect power, etc. If you're able to handle one, I think you'll be sold immediately. Absolutely untouchable at the price point, in my opinion.

By the way, don't let the power rating scare you off. Phenix often over-rates their rods relative to competitors, particularly in heavy powers, and that's definitely true here. It fishes more "true" MH+ to H, exactly what I think you'd want here.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

4. Member
    Dobyns champion 764. Several places like Sportsmans Outfitters have them 20 percent or so off which places thenm in your price range.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstacks7 View Post
    Dobyns champion 764. Several places like Sportsmans Outfitters have them 20 percent or so off which places thenm in your price range.
    ALF has them 25% off right now.

6. Member
    I found a used Falcon Expert So Cal mode at ALF for an extra 15% off, so I jumped on it. It sounds like exactly what I am looking for. We’ll see…

Thanks everyone for the input!