Thread: Rev 4

Rev 4

Hear they are 4 blade tempest. Anyone try one or know anything about them

They run stiff in pitch and need more venting. Mostly the upper pitch's need more. It's the only prop that had a rattle at idle on my boat out of 240+ props.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    That was my preferred prop on my Triton TR 196 with a 200 Optimax. On my rig, it had the best combination of things important to me. Better hole shot than a Tempest or Trophy but not as fast as the Tempest. Better overall boat lift than the others and almost as much bow lift as the Tempest. Better low speed planing and handling than all except the Bravo 1. On my rig, it was about 1 - 2 pitches stiffer than the Tempest. Top speed was not my priority so I ran the Rev 4 except when I fished 3 in the boat and needed the best hole shot. Then I used the Bravo.

4. Member
    i run one as my spare prop on ranger Z521L 250 proxs. had to add an extra set of pvs holes, would not spin up on takeoff past about 2000 rpm. Big prop, takes a lot of torque to turn it. I would not recommend it on less than 3.0L motors, better on 4Strokes, as you really need torque to turn it. Probably the best prop to run on an underpowered boat. If you are short on HP, it will improve lift, bow and stern, top end is acceptable and my boat likes it in turns and rough water. It is stiff, mine is a 23P and runs about like a 25P in terms of rpm and hole shot.