Lakemaster Great Plains - who has this chip?

I知 guessing at least some of you guys have a Lakemaster Great Plains chip. I知 curious how the Clinton map is on that? I知 considering getting one, but curious how it compares to the mapping you can look at on Navionics website. I知 assuming Shelbyville is good since it痴 bold on the lake list. Any other Illinois maps that are great or not good on this chip?

2. Member
    I recently switch to Lowrance and have the Lakemaster + GP card left from my old units. Any of the bold or HD lakes are awesome, I've seen none better. That being said the non HD lakes I looked at were just ok. I used it mainly for Rend and Kinkaid and it was great for them. I have it for sale in the classifieds FYI.

I've got it and I fish Clinton a couple times a week. Its NOT good....at all. Honestly, the best map that I've found for Clinton is still the old Hotspots paper map. The Great Plains chip is pretty decent for Shelbyville but the Clinton one is extremely basic.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    I've got it and I fish Clinton a couple times a week. Its NOT good....at all. Honestly, the best map that I've found for Clinton is still the old Hotspots paper map. The Great Plains chip is pretty decent for Shelbyville but the Clinton one is extremely basic.
    Thanks. That's pretty much what I expected. The one loaded on my older Lowrance is ok, but not spectacular for Clinton. I just wanted a better map on my Humminbird to use waypoints better.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kdubracing View Post
    Thanks. That's pretty much what I expected. The one loaded on my older Lowrance is ok, but not spectacular for Clinton. I just wanted a better map on my Humminbird to use waypoints better.
    Depending on what humminbird you have I'd recommend getting a zero lines card. I don't use one on the Mississippi because it changes daily, but just have it record while you're fishing. If you fish there often I'd imagine you'd have the best contour map on the market by the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzzzbait88 View Post
    Depending on what humminbird you have I'd recommend getting a zero lines card. I don't use one on the Mississippi because it changes daily, but just have it record while you're fishing. If you fish there often I'd imagine you'd have the best contour map on the market by the end of the year.
    Right on!! This exactly what I do for all of the lakes that I fish often.

7. Member
    I have an old navionics program with 10,000 lakes. The Clinton map is very accurate.you can put waypoints on it ,zoom,milege, depth. Prints color or high res black and white. I use water proof paper then put in spiral folder. Not perfect but sure gets you close to what you want then use graph and mark wp. I can print some if anyone interested I have Lake master and
    Navionics In boat but this program has maps not in either.