VJ200SLETC w/ 1993 Hydra Sports LS200 Prop

Have this motor on this boat and the prop is a 4 blade renegade. This is the prop that came on the boat but it's got some nicks and dings in it. If I choose to replace this prop, is there an alternative to consider? I get on plane in a snap and run around 50-53mph around 5000 rpms. Wouldn't mind a little additional speed at the risk of taking a little more time to get on plane. Additionally, is this a good, safe speed to cruise at? I found a list that said max RPM is 5k-6k so I'd like to get some good performance but stay at the low end of the threshold.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Horse power is rated at 5500 RPM, 5000-6000 is the operating range. A 3 blade will give you more top end. Prop it for 5850 with a minimum of 18 PSI water pressure at WOT.

3. Member
    Is there any concern running a 28 year old motor at those rpms? Last I knew, compression was 105ish for all cylinders. Also, my water pressure on plane at 5200 is like 30.

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Not really. Your fuel pump will be there Friday I couldn't find one of mine with the Oil side still there so I sent you an updated OMS pump intact with the oil side. Sorry for the delay.

5. Member
    There's absolutely no need to apologize! Thanks so much!