Thread: Vexus storage

Vexus storage

I was considering looking at a Vexus but really have an issue with their front storage design. To the guys that have 1980 or 2080 avx’s, where do you store your tackle. The starboard side box is small. I only carry 12 Plano 3700 boxes and few soft tackle bags, it does not look like those would fit.

Do you have to use the rear deck storage.

Thanks

2. Moderator
    Rods center, tackle port side. works for me.
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

3. Member
    Mk2 system in center rod box, will hold plenty of boxes and still leave room for 5 rods in top tubes. I put the 5 I know I'm going to have out that day in there. Rest of rods in port box. Day use plastics and other misc on sides of center box, other plastics and weights in rear compartment. Life jackets, rain suit, etc in front starboard box.

4. Member
    I put rods in port side box and tackle in the center. Rod sleeves on rods helps me put two (baitcasters) in each tube. Lots of room in center locker for tackle. You can also take out the "steps" near the cockpit on the floor of the center (or port) locker to get some more room and help move weight away from front of the boat. I've read a lot of @dartman's posts, he is wise...might want to try it his way first.

5. Member
    Plenty of room in Stbd and center boxes. AMPD and a few other companies make some good products to assist with storage/organization. Here are a few pics of a 2080 set up with storagein port, stbd, and center boxes.
    AMPD 3.jpgAMPD 1.jpgAMPD 7.jpgAMPD 9.jpg

6. Member
    Thanks
    the front deck storage capacity is the same as my current Champion. So I’m going to price a 1980 and flip a coin to decide if I go that direction or re-power and re-carpet the 187.

7. Member
    I'm moving all of my stuff from the front compartment to the back. I figured out I can store about 18 3600 boxes on their end in one of the rear storage compartments.

8. Member
    After spending an hour and half going through a1980 and getting a price quote, I’ll stay in the Champion.