Steering Fluid Level

What level steering fluid are you'll seeing in the tube running up in the console? I installed my own electronics and noticed the fluid about 3/4 up the tube that runs to the fill cap behind the windshield. Is this a normal level?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reese19x2 View Post
    What level steering fluid are you'll seeing in the tube running up in the console? I installed my own electronics and noticed the fluid about 3/4 up the tube that runs to the fill cap behind the windshield. Is this a normal level?
    Your ok as long as your engine doesn't have any play in it one way or the other. When we bleed those lines (manually) that last turn of the steering wheel might push some threw and leave it a little short, want hurt a thing, you just don't want any play!! I would say most all new boats will not be full to the top, sold them for over 20 years.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    Your ok as long as your engine doesn't have any play in it one way or the other. When we bleed those lines (manually) that last turn of the steering wheel might push some threw and leave it a little short, want hurt a thing, you just don't want any play!! I would say most all new boats will not be full to the top, sold them for over 20 years.
    Thanks! In your experience....what do you consider and acceptable amount of play? I can see around an 1/8'' both ways at the cylinder. With Caymas using the Pro Series steering on the CX20 should it be tighter?

4. Member
    That’s probably real close, make sure your jam nut is tight, it’s on the starboard side on the steering behind the cylinder