Winchester SX4 Rust issue??

Have a 1.5 year old SX4. Used it 2 times year 1 and alot this year. The barrel bluing is horrible. It turns to rust in seconds outside, while the receiver is perfect. I plan to call them this morning just wondering if anyone has delt with this in the past?

2. Member
    Can you post any pics? there may be a different barrel available that would be less prone to rust. Some guns just do this unfortunately.

I have a Remington Peerless from the 90's that will rust if I look at it the wrong way. I also have a cheap Stoeger P350 that I use when stalking deer. Receiver I think is parkerized and no issues, but the barrel is a cheap, sleeved deal painted flat black and will rust if I'm not careful.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

3. Member
    Will get some posted later. Im going to call them this morning but Im not really expecting them to do much, even though I think they should.

4. Member
    Well....they told me to ship the entire gun back to them....why when its only the barrel im not sure and it would be 12 weeks. I am going to go a different direction and have a local shop Cerakote the barrel and receiver for 150.00. Drop it off next Tuesday and get it back Thursday. By the time I pay shipping back to Winchester its only a few bucks more.

5. Member
    Hey that’s a good solution. You probably have some color options too.
    glad it worked out
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250