Six gill review?

Anyone use six gill and not sponsored or pro staff? Looking at the bogo deal they have but don’t know anyone who uses them. I am used to Tatula and Curado rods and reels in price point and quality. Throw your opinions
    2016 stratos 201 evolution, 250ho evinrude etec g2, 112 ultrex, tracker 80ah lithium’s, 8’ pp blades, atlas hydraulic jackplate, nightfishon rub rails, lowrance carbon 16 console, lowrance carbon 9, humminbird helix 9 G4’s mega+ di with mega 360,and garmin 1222 with livescope bow.

2. Member
    I’m not a pro staff although my tournament buddy is so ive used a few of their products. IMO they are like Ardent, worth the price at the discounts but not full retail. The rods are fairly sensitive and light about what you would expect for the cost. The reels are decent. Apparently the same guy who owns SixGill is the one who owns Allen fly reels. I wouldn’t buy one full retail but I would if I was on their prostaff and I’d be happy about it if that helps any.

I don’t think they outperform a Curado though
    Last edited by ECobb91; 11-15-2021 at 07:04 AM.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    6 Gill reels in the recent past where $130, rebadged $40 Chinese reels. I would not think the reels are worth the price of entry. The rods might be ok but I don't know. The buy one get one free strikes me as having the price baked in. Maybe if you could get one at huge discount and you also BOGO another and you destroy rods a lot boat flipping then maybe?

4. Member
    I've seen a few and they seem to be nice and smooth when new. I would question their long-term durability compared to a Daiwa or Shimano product.

5. Member
    You guys hit all the same concerns I have had. I guess I stick with what I know

6. Member
    I have two Sixgill reels and one rod. The spinning reel I have had for four years or more. Works just as it did when I received it. The casting reel I have had for a little over a year as well as the casting rod. Both are good quality and have had zero problems. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again, especially when they do their BOGO sale.