Bought a Weber Kettle/ First cook

I needed something a little better than the little barrel grill I had been using. There may be twice the cooking space in the kettle over the barrel grill and way more efficient at setting and holding temps. That barrel grill I'd just leave the vents wide open on pretty much everything lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good call. Next time you cook put a few coals in the little barrel. Use it for a warmer after you take something off the Weber
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

3. Member
    Great choice! I've got a 22" Master-Touch and 26" kettle, love them both (along with my other 7 Weber products). If you like wings get a Vortex. I've also got a Slow n Sear for the 22 and 26 and use that a lot, it allows you do do some slow cooks like ribs, pork butt, etc.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Great choice! I've got a 22" Master-Touch and 26" kettle, love them both (along with my other 7 Weber products). If you like wings get a Vortex. I've also got a Slow n Sear for the 22 and 26 and use that a lot, it allows you do do some slow cooks like ribs, pork butt, etc.
    Mine is the 22" Master-Touch also. I also got a vortex from Amazon over the weekend. I wish I had bought the Kettle a long time ago. I'm pretty sure I'll end up getting a slow n sear very soon. I've been watching a lot of videos on you-tube using it.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianKF View Post
    Mine is the 22" Master-Touch also. I also got a vortex from Amazon over the weekend. I wish I had bought the Kettle a long time ago. I'm pretty sure I'll end up getting a slow n sear very soon. I've been watching a lot of videos on you-tube using it.
    I do wings pretty often with the vortex but this sauce mix is a hit. Also got to try the grill fried chicken.

6. Member
    [QUOTE=Cestratton;12178297]I do wings pretty often with the vortex but this sauce mix is a hit. Also got to try the grill fried chicken./QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing. I will definitely be giving that sauce a try.

The Vortex and SNS are great. Try a spiral ham using the Vortex. Instead of putting the charcoal in the center put it around the outside and place the ham over the empty center
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    The Vortex and SNS are great. Try a spiral ham using the Vortex. Instead of putting the charcoal in the center put it around the outside and place the ham over the empty center
    I'll give this a try for sure. I like a good smoked ham.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    You mean like the "snake method" or all coals lit around the outside?

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    You mean like the "snake method" or all coals lit around the outside?
    All coals lit at once. Just adjust the vents so the temp reads 350

11. Member
    I needed something a little better than the little barrel grill I had been using. There may be twice the cooking space in the kettle over the barrel grill and way more efficient at setting and holding temps. That barrel grill I'd just leave the vents wide open on pretty much everything lol.
    I have a little Kingsford barrel grill identical to yours I purchased at Academy years ago and haven't ever used it. Do you remember the cost of those as I was considering selling mine. I since bought a Pit Boss 820 and don't really need the little one. Thanks

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    I have a little Kingsford barrel grill identical to yours I purchased at Academy years ago and haven't ever used it. Do you remember the cost of those as I was considering selling mine. I since bought a Pit Boss 820 and don't really need the little one. Thanks
    I think I paid $70.00 for mine a bit over 2 years ago at Academy.

13. Member
    Thank you!
    I think I paid $70.00 for mine a bit over 2 years ago at Academy.