Question Fuel demand valve?

I had one initially, got a fuel/water seperator installed at the dealer the other day and noticed “she gone” so is it really needed? Do i need to worry? Replace? Also seen somewhere that this motor might not need the seperator. Is that true? Haven’t ran the motor yet.....
    2016 Tracker PT190
    2016 Merc 115 4 stroke
    Model# 1115F131D
    Serial# 2B198774
    ME115L 4S

Thanks....
    Last edited by jaybee193; 11-16-2021 at 07:49 PM.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

If you have a pressurized fuel system (most boats built after Jan. 1, 2011 will), you're going to need a demand valve or demand device somewhere in the system. Built in tanks were normally configured and designed with this in the system (from the factory).

A Water Separating Filter kit WITH Water-In-Fuel warning capability IS recommended with this engine.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Thanks for the info.