Exclamation mid 80's omc gauges wiring diagrams, pics please,tach, trim,fuel, etc

If anyone has wiring diagrams for the mid to late 80's OMC gauges wiring diagrams, bought a parts boat with all the gauges and harness but someone really messed it up, i need the description of the terminals on the tach, trim, etc, cant find wiring diagrams for omc gauges anywhere, 1989 bass tracker 1800fsno there is no diagram under the lid, or anywhere on the boat, hull was cracked, I cut the boat up, bought it for the Johnson gt150 motor which runs good, minn kota terrova and the seats,pumps, livewell valves, lids perko locks etc to put in my project ranger 370

-----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Nicely done.

4. Member
    thanks for the info, big help, i made a temp remote control mounted setup on a board with red plug outboard harness connected to 6 terminal omc ignition switch with primer power for primer solenoid, wired in kill switch, neutral switch,( made with toggle switch until shift control in boat is wired in) it runs tach, voltmeter, trim gauge, and accessory fuse block powered off a bosch type relay wired to the battery, the ignition on powers the relay which gives power to the fuse block and light switches and livewell, and bilge pumps etc from the fuse panel. I have the motor on a welded up stand I made last weekend, was able to runs the motor on muffs and link and sinc carbs, and check other functions, primer, thermostats, and water pump impeller just replaced, all ready for winter project ranger 370V, thanks again seahorse, your posts are a huge help,

QUICK TIP.....* for the shift shaft when reinstalling the lower unit on an OMC GT or XP150. I mark the side of the shift shaft with a sharpie and make an upside down T on the shift rod just above the round rubber seal ring , this is so I can see if it moved or turned when lifting the lower unit into place, if the shaft turns you cant get the unit up into position because of the curve of the shift rod on top, (this tip lets you see that it didnt move when lifting)

5. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbass1986 View Post
    QUICK TIP.....* for the shift shaft when reinstalling the lower unit on an OMC GT or XP150. I mark the side of the shift shaft with a sharpie and make an upside down T on the shift rod just above the round rubber seal ring , this is so I can see if it moved or turned when lifting the lower unit into place, if the shaft turns you cant get the unit up into position because of the curve of the shift rod on top, (this tip lets you see that it didnt move when lifting)
    So what if it is already wrong height but you mark it?? Always check height before assembly then maybe mark it.

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

6. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    I have wiring diagrams for Ranger boats from the 80" thru early 90's.

7. Member
    i measured it and it was right to spec according to omc manual 22 1/16 to center of hole, measured from surface of housing to top of shift rod hole center, if its off, just screw in or out to meet spec, (but of course you already knew that)the reference mark is more to make sure it didnt turn sideways or go into neutral when lifting so you cant turn prop shaft to line up the splines on driveshaft when inserting into bottom of powerhead crankshaft, or get the shift rod into the slot for the gearshift

8. Member
    if you have diagrams for 83 370v or 88 363v bassmaster classic model, i have one of each, the rear deck lid stickers with the wiring diagrams are missing

9. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbass1986 View Post
    if you have diagrams for 83 370v or 88 363v bassmaster classic model, i have one of each, the rear deck lid stickers with the wiring diagrams are missing
    I will did it out tomorrow and shoot you a copy.

10. Member
    thanks, Much appreciated

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by omcforever View Post
    I have wiring diagrams for Ranger boats from the 80" thru early 90's.
    Are rangers the only boats you have diagrams for? Where would one find diagrams for say, Hydra Sports?