sealing between live well and storage lockers

Checking see if anybody has any recommendations or experience with sealing the gap between the live wells and the storage lockers, lessons learned and what sealant you used. My port side is worse than drivers side but going to tackle them both this off-season. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    What are you sealing and why?

3. Member
    rest of the story - when live wells are full and running in rough water, I end up with stuff being wet in the port side storage area (directly behind the passenger seat). Only way for water to get into this area is from the passenger side live well. So looking to see what others have done to resolve the problem.(no dealer support within a reasonable drive). Just looking for recomendtions for how to seal the area or what to use in that area. Thanks

I would use 3m 4200 personally. Must be somone forgot to seal up under there during the build.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonrs View Post
    I would use 3m 4200 personally. Must be somone forgot to seal up under there during the build.
    This is what I used. Did it 2 years ago and the storage boxes are dry as a bone now
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

6. Banned
    Port side on my 921 same as your,. Used Startbrite Marine Silicone Sealant, part #82102.
    Compartment stays DRY!!

are you sealing it on the inside of the live well or the storage compartment?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos_185 View Post
    I had to do both. There were unsealed gaps that was letting livewell water get into the compartment side. Getting your head inside the livewell to see what the hell you are doing is a real PITA
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos_185 View Post
    Only sealed from Livewell side.

10. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    I am not familiar with Phoenix but I had a similiar issue with my Javelin. When the live-well was full if I got into rough water I would sometime get water into the storage compartments beside the live-well. It's hard to tell buy this picture but the top of my live-well is covered with a plate. It's screw in from the top. I simply removed the screws and ran a bead of silicone around the edge and my problem was %100 resolved...Heck I done this almost 20 years ago and its still bone dry.