88 Champion 18 fish and ski

Good afternoon all, im looking for info on the 88 Champion f/s, it has the 150 evenirude 2 stroke, needs new carpet needs glove box, needs all electronics. So im looking for an owners manual, im looking for budget ideas for trolling motor and electronics, and if any had taken out the ski seats and made it part of the decking. Do the front ski seats, fold up and could i use them like the top as part of the decking. Any help would be appreciated, also looking for a changing bank what yall reccommend for batteries and seats, cus everything is shot and needs to go. thanks again.

2. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Welcome! We have lots of folks who can help you here. Hang on, they will be along….

3. Member
    awesome thank you

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I've got an '89 FNS (well my son does now) that I changed over to a DCB (dual console bass) with a deck extension on it along with a TM foot tray. Lots of work and back yard engineering. But it cam out great and you'd never know it was originally a FNS. I've also got the owners manual in a PDF format I can email you. PM me your email address and I'll send it over to you. If you look further down on the BBC forums there is a Evinrude/Johnson motors page. Look in the stickies and there is a link for down loadable PDF format of factory scanned service manuals.

5. Member
    Anyone else able to comment on the 88 Champion fish/ski

6. Member
    It will be a really good riding and handling boat. Depending on setup it can be a pretty good runner, or a good riding and handling 50+ mph rig. Championman would be an authority still around this forum on converting a FNS to a full front deck. The front rod boxes are shallower than those on the same boat that is a bass boat from factory. If this has the single rear livewell, it is also shallower than that on the bass rig. You’ll love this rig though. Good luck.