Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. Member
    Got my 125 today to go with my 50's. Can't wait for this Saturday's club tournament to put it to the test.

2. Member
    My two 50ah to run my 24v Ultrex are scheduled to arrive today....thanks Drewcraft for the fast shipping.

I have a question about the charging for my current setup with an Optima Blue Top D31 Dual Purpose cranking/electronics battery and also for my future setup when I add a 125ah for the cranking/electronics. The Bluetop is pretty new and serves me well as of now so I will get the goody out of it before adding the 125ah.

I have the Dual Pro 3 bank charger that came factory in my Ranger and I plan to send it back and have two of the banks reprogrammed for lithiums. My question is, how can I isolate the cranking/electronics batteries from the trolling batteries when charging? For instance, the Optima will need recharging after each trip but the Lithiums may go a few trips before needing to be recharged. Can I do this with a battery selector switch of some sort?

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by millerd14 View Post
    My two 50ah to run my 24v Ultrex are scheduled to arrive today....thanks Drewcraft for the fast shipping.

I have a question about the charging for my current setup with an Optima Blue Top D31 Dual Purpose cranking/electronics battery and also for my future setup when I add a 125ah for the cranking/electronics. The Bluetop is pretty new and serves me well as of now so I will get the goody out of it before adding the 125ah.

I have the Dual Pro 3 bank charger that came factory in my Ranger and I plan to send it back and have two of the banks reprogrammed for lithiums. My question is, how can I isolate the cranking/electronics batteries from the trolling batteries when charging? For instance, the Optima will need recharging after each trip but the Lithiums may go a few trips before needing to be recharged. Can I do this with a battery selector switch of some sort?

you will have to get them to leave one bank for agm for that battery and the other 2 for lithium, it will have to be sent back when you change to a Lithium cranking

you can plug the charger in after each trip as normal and leave it connected , the 50ah will be fine its not going to keep charging them because the voltage will not drop enough for the charger to come back on
    the banks are all independent
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

4. Member
    Thanks for the reply. So recharging the lithiums after each use even if they are at say 80% will not shorten the life of them?

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by millerd14 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. So recharging the lithiums after each use even if they are at say 80% will not shorten the life of them?
    the IONICs use partial cycles, at 80% you could charge 4 to 5 times before equaling 1 cycle , for long term storage over the winter you can pull the fuses and leave them at 70 to 80% SOC but for normal use just go ahead and charge as you did with you lead batteries
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member
    They ship to Canada!!!!

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy55 View Post
    They ship to Canada!!!!

YES they do
    info@drewcraft.com

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    the IONICs use partial cycles, at 80% you could charge 4 to 5 times before equaling 1 cycle , for long term storage over the winter you can pull the fuses and leave them at 70 to 80% SOC but for normal use just go ahead and charge as you did with you lead batteries
    Ok Andy,
    So I completely understand as with many of us, what is recommended for the best life of these batteries?
    Every time you get off the water to bring them up to 100%, or wait til they get down to a certain percentage?
    Thank you

9. bullyfish
    Do you charge tax

10. Member
    Well, I got to put my 125 to the test today. Launched at 630am and fished until 3. Have a Helix 10, 2 Helix 12's, Garmin 1222, and livescope, livewells going and even used the power poles a few times. Only started the big motor twice and probable didn't run more then 15 minutes total. Battery showed 62% after 8.5 hours of use. Color me impressed. As for my 50's for the tm, winds started at around 10mph and got up to 20+ by 10am and never let up. They were at 71%. If anyone has any doubts this should answer it.

11. Member
    just got my ionic from dewcraft great price on sale, but I still have not received my stealth charger they are not responding to emails not answering the phone or returning calls Hope they come thru alright I hate just looking at such expensive batteries setting on shelf, guess I'll give it another week before I get credit card people involved

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    Well, I got to put my 125 to the test today. Launched at 630am and fished until 3. Have a Helix 10, 2 Helix 12's, Garmin 1222, and livescope, livewells going and even used the power poles a few times. Only started the big motor twice and probable didn't run more then 15 minutes total. Battery showed 62% after 8.5 hours of use. Color me impressed. As for my 50's for the tm, winds started at around 10mph and got up to 20+ by 10am and never let up. They were at 71%. If anyone has any doubts this should answer it.
    Great info, thanks for sharing. Close to ordering the exact same batteries, still deciding on whether or not I should use the 125 as a cranking battery with an 03 250 Optimax. I've read a lot on this forum about the do's and don'ts in that area, it's still not black or white.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker320 View Post
    Great info, thanks for sharing. Close to ordering the exact same batteries, still deciding on whether or not I should use the 125 as a cranking battery with an 03 250 Optimax. I've read a lot on this forum about the do's and don'ts in that area, it's still not black or white.
    Only one's screaming don't are the Mercury reps. Show me 1 person that had an Ionic 125 cause a problem.

14. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLYFISH View Post
    Do you charge tax

Only in North Carolina
    info@drewcraft.com

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    Only one's screaming don't are the Mercury reps. Show me 1 person that had an Ionic 125 cause a problem.
    I'm willing to bet the reason for this is to release themselves from any liability in the rare case that battery shut down occurs and a on water accident happens. Kind of like the don't use the hair dryer in the shower warnings.

16. Member
    How is the SOC computed with these Ioniics? Is there a shunt inside the battery or some algorithm?

thanks!

17. Member
    I purchased 2 Ionic 12v 100ah batteries form Drewcraft along with the 3 bank NOCO charger. Got on the water yesterday for first time and I am impressed. I fished from 6:30 am until 3pm running a 24 volt Terrova and a shad tank for the entire time. At end of day my Bluetooth told my I had 57% remaining and 6 plus hours. Previously I was running 2 X2 batteries and there was no way that I could do this. My Terrova would be running like a snail and everytime I hit the rabbit buttom my pump on bait tank would quit. Plus I saved at least a 100 pounds! I am impressed beyond expectations! I trolled with boards for 5 hours straight after using Terrova to chase bait around for 4 hours.
    Thanks for a great product at a great price and speedy shipping (and great communications).

18. Member
    Anyone using the Victron IP65 charger with these Ionic lithium batteries and if so how is it working out?

19. Member
    Took my boat out for the first time with a 125Ah starter and 2 50 Ah trolling motor batteries. Fished for 10 hours. Have 3 graphs, 2 12's and a 9. Active Target. 24V Ultrex. Everything running all day. Hardley ran the big motor. Impressive to say the least.

At the end of the day, the Ionic app reported:

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

20. Member
    That's awesome. I fished my third full day yesterday with my 2 100ah 12v on my Terrova. Spent 5 hours on the trolling motor at various speeds and another 5 hours on spot lock plus I run a 24v bait well pump off the same batteries for entire time, had 43% left at end of day.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast