DD26 Transom Saver on 215 Falcon

I tried using a DD26 transom saver on my 2019 Falcon 215 and promptly broke my sea star steering ! The only way to stop this is to raise the jackplate up 3 inches or I guess I could raise the whole motor up a couple bolt holes on the plate. Be careful when using the new style transom savers, especially when you don't have a splash well. I have gone back to the old style.

2. Member
    Could you send pics of this damage, don;t understand how this happened, i ran one for a couple of years on a phoenix

3. Member
    I wish I had the pic of the 1st time I did it. Crushed the cylinder on the sea star steering. Wrote that off as my fault. Sea Star actually sent a whole new system. Second time I just broke the connection piece between the motor and sea star. I have looked at it really close and IMHO the motor is set to low on the plate. That being said I really can't use the new type transom savers without raising the plate up 3 inches. I think Merc actually has a trim limiter that is available so you can't trim the engine to far forward that would prevent this.I just want to warn folks about the new transom savers, just in case.

4. Member
    Yes if you only have a 6" plate your going to have to raise the motor. But thats not a DD26 issue....if you trim it all the way up for any reason you will have to raise it. The DD26 is a great piece I love mine and had it on my last 2 rigs.

5. Member
    I just put the old style transom saver on. I still like them better. I don't have to use the steering locks now either. I was always forgetting to take them off when I put the boat in the water !

6. Member
    Can we elaborate on this a bit more for a novice. I just ordered a f195 with a 200sho Comes standard with a manual 6” jack plate. I planned on ordering the DD26 for the SHO but should I not?