Can you use Lithiumn for Starter Battery

I'm upgrading my Sea Ark with a 2019 DF4 175 Suzuki to Lithiums . Was told by amped outdoors that I shouldn't us a Lithiumn for a starter battery as it's not reccomended by manufactuer. Got a 36 volt to replace the 3 wet cells and a 100 amp hour to run all the electronics but left one of the wet cells per there advice. Really would like to get rid of that battery but concerned since motor is still under warranty. Advice? Scott

2. Member
    Scott: no advice here but I have used a Tracker lithium (Relion) for the last year on my SHO with no issues. I do run the jackplate, poles and electronics on a separate lithium battery.
    2016 Triton 20TRX
    250 Pro XS, #112 MK Ultrex
    PP Blades, Atlas JP, Ionic Lithiums (4)
    Garmin 126/126/1222 & Solix 15

3. Member
    Was told by amped outdoors that I shouldn't us a Lithiumn for a starter battery
    That's because Amped doesn't sell a cranking battery. If they ever come out with a BMS for then they'll change their tune.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bweidler101 View Post
    I run the Impulse Lithium 120ah Cranker. I have (5) 12’s and run all my accessories on it as well. Never had an issue. I’d check them out. A lot of big names on the pro staff that use it as well
    This topic has been about beat to death with the most knowledgeable probably tired of commenting on this.
    Do a search on this topic and i believe you will get all the info you need.
    Good luck as a lithium cranker is costly but may be a good investment.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    No 8sdie w a lithium cranker , provided it's a actually lithium cranking battery w the proper BMS . Give us a call happy to discuss and give you the best price on our impulse lithium 120 ah platinum cranker w bluetooth.

6. Member
    Lithiums operate at a higher voltage and have a lower internal resistance. This difference can be hard on outboard alternators as they are not designed for these differences.

7. Member
    Mercury says not to use a Lithium battery on their new 4 stroke motors.