Trim gauge adjustment/offset?

2002 215 combo with 2001 Merc 225 EFI and all analog gauges. When my engine is trimmed all the way down, the gauge goes completely off the scale by 1/8" or more. It takes almost 4 seconds of upward movement to get it even onto the scale (significant change). Within those 4 seconds is everything I would need to trim this engine/hull combination based on it porpusing badly or beginning to cavitate at anything much higher (than the very bottom of the scale on the gauge).

Can I adjust the tilt/trim sensor or modify the electric signal to put it within the scale more?

Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    I'm not really familiar with that motor, But on my 92' blackmax I had the same issue. You should be able to adjust the trim sensor right at the motor, for its just a dial. Remove it, trim all the way up, set it to the max setting, re-install and its good to go. if you look up the trim sender part number you may be able to find the install instructions for it

3. Member
    Thanks for the thought Rick. I found the sensor and will attempt adjustment accordingly.