Looking to possibly buy Triton TRX 19

I'm in the market for a new boat. Right now I'm looking at the Skeeter ZX200, Phoenix 819, and Triton TRX 19. I had a zx225 and zx200 before, so the TRX is the sweet spot in the middle. Just wondering what quality control and customer service is like since covid. I'm considering getting the regular trx 19 instead of the patriot since I already have Lowrance live units. I may consider the 200hp since I seldom drive over 60. What kind of performance should I see with the 200? Thanks

2. Member
    Not sure about performance, but I’d think resale would take a pretty good hit with a 200. Just a thought.

3. Member
    Yeah, you're right. It would probably be best to go with the 225

4. Member acoberhauser@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Pm sent

5. Member
    I love my TRX 19, I have the 225 so I can't speak on the performance of the 200, but overall I love the boat. Awesome fishing platform and storage layout.
    2020 Triton TRX19- Mercury 225 ProXs 4s
    Solix 12 MSI Console, Solix 12MDI Bow
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    Garmin 106sv Livescope Bow
    Ultrex, Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    2022 Silverado
    Member of Skoolin' Bass Anglers and Wolf River Bass Club

6. Member
    I had a 2016 TRX19 with merc 225... was a great boat and loved everything about it. Except a driver/starboard lean under power that couldn't be fixed with prop, jackplate, trim, etc. I moved all the batteries to the port side. I weigh 170 and I could put my 230lb partner + water in the port livewell and it would not correct the issue. It generally didn't affect anything unless crossing waves/wind on that side... it would slam into the waves, spray water, and generally create a miserable experience. So bad that I sold the boat. Friends, chat rooms, dealer... said just trim and power through it and it would correct itself. The "Triton Death Lean" they called it. After dealer got involved with multiple props, jackplate levels, they finally agreed something was wrong. Their final fix was to suggest adding lead weight to the back port corner versus stepping up and agreeing that I had a lemon and offering a better solution. I won't be working with that dealer again. During my process of fixing it, I found a number of TRX19 & 20 owners that experienced a lean but nobody had the same issues I had. Actually rode and drove in two TRX19s that performed much better regarding the lean. Too bad because it really was a great boat. the 225 took it to low 70's, fished like a bigger boat, storage was awesome and no fit/finish problems. I consider the issue my fault. I had previously owned a TR19 (great boat) for 11 years and dealer said the TRX ride was improved... so I didn't take a demo ride. Shame on me. I'd buy a TRX again, but from a different dealer and only after a demo ride