Thread: O H Ivie

O H Ivie

I have a Louisiana buddy that wants to fish Ivie. I don’t know Jack about the lake or who to call for guide service or accommodations. Any suggestions?
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

2. Member
    It not fishing great, has been pounded and continues to get to. Small fish are getting harder to catch, lake level is falling daily. I live here and not even fishing it, I wouldn’t make the trip that far right now.

3. Member
    PM sent

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    It not fishing great, has been pounded and continues to get to. Small fish are getting harder to catch, lake level is falling daily. I live here and not even fishing it, I wouldn’t make the trip that far right now.
    So I've heard and have a tournament this weekend there. Haven't fished it since July and have a feeling I'll be a donor this weekend.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    So I've heard and have a tournament this weekend there. Haven't fished it since July and have a feeling I'll be a donor this weekend.
    Glad it’s you and not me!

Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    He wants to go when it’s fishing well and will plan his trip accordingly. Best months January and February? Appreciate the input. This is a Bucket List trip for him and wife.

if you can get Jeff Walker he is probably the best , I don't know if he is still guiding I heard he was having some health issues .

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    He wants to go when it’s fishing well and will plan his trip accordingly. Best months January and February? Appreciate the input. This is a Bucket List trip for him and wife.
    I’d say depends on how cold it gets and how much bait dies off, if we don’t get a front like we had in February to kill Shad off I don’t think it will be anything like it was in February. I’d wait till spring and hit me up, it’s so far out lots of things can and will change.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rkabusa View Post
    if you can get Jeff Walker he is probably the best , I don't know if he is still guiding I heard he was having some health issues .
    He still is, haven’t seen him around in a while.

Thanks a lot guys! Y’all have given enough information to pass along and make him happy. In his specific case planning is almost as good as going.

11. Member
    Lots of broken dreams and broken hearts happen when people leave this lake. Champs only had two limits weighed in last month out of 300 teamssmall fish were prevalent, and it just showed how well it’s not fishing. Can be great and can be terrible.

12. Member
    It took 29 to win an event yesterday and 41 today. Lots of 20 lb stringers. It ain’t fishing bad.
    It’s like any lake. There are bad days and good days. But on Ivie you can have a great day too.
    Last edited by fishwest; 11-14-2021 at 08:50 PM.
    Thanks

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwest View Post
    It took 29 to win an event yesterday and 41 today. Lots of 20 lb stringers. It ain’t fishing bad.
    It’s like any lake. There are bad days and good days. But on Ivie you can have a great day too.
    They were biting really good today, I struggled yesterday though. See how it goes tomorrow, guy told me at the ramp today he’d never be back. He’d been here four days and caught five fish nothing over three pounds.

14. Bobby8
    That was probably one of the guys from my club as we struggled as a whole. First time most of us had been on the lake since the 90’s or been on the lake at all. Definitely a lake for guys good on electronics and deep water fishing; both of which our guys are not good at.

15. Member
    My son and I went out 2wks ago and had 26-27#’s in 5 hrs thought we were fishing mofo’s, went out the next day and zeroed

16. Member
    seems like its been that way the whole year good one day and not the next

Pretty sure the 41# came from a local legend that knows the lake well and is at least a semi-pro fisherman, and I think he is going to try for the Elites this coming year. I wouldn't judge the lake by the weights he weighs in, he can catch fish out of a pot hole in the Walmart parking lot!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx 201 View Post
    Pretty sure the 41# came from a local legend that knows the lake well and is at least a semi-pro fisherman, and I think he is going to try for the Elites this coming year. I wouldn't judge the lake by the weights he weighs in, he can catch fish out of a pot hole in the Walmart parking lot!
    He tried it this last season and didn’t make it but made a showing but his partner in that deal fished the elites and knows the lake well. Yes they can catch fish anywhere at any time.