Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    1000MCA = 800CCA well below the recommended 975+ CCA. As you can see, there's an important distinction between MCA and CCA, this is why recommendations here are always in CCA.

I've owned welded aluminum boats since 2005, our current one (in my sig pic) since 2009. What is the white stuff surrounding the large hole and at junction of the floor and side panels (I have strong suspicions)?

You can't just make a bigger hole as the conduit the wires are pulled through will be the limiting factor. To use a worn out cliche, been there, done that.

watch crestliner YouTube videos it is the stuff that makes the paint stick to the boat. The wires you see are all done by my dealer when I bought the boat in 2013, I’ll be having them install a kicker etc not gonna try and make holes myself. As for the MCA, my manual says the battery neeeds 1000 MCA but the Cca is low, and I can’t find ANYONE selling a battery around here that’s 1000 mca and minimum 975.

2. Member
    on another note, the dealer that I took my boat to today texted me a link to a report of what they found.

QUOTE - REPLACE ALTERNATOR
    TECH NOTE - Test boat battery 1 - 1000mca and reading 780cca which is fine.
    Test boat battery 2 - 800 cca reading 200 - charging battery and retest.
    * Run engine and check output at battery - 12.5v
    Turn off engine and check battery 12.4v
    Check alternator with engine running again, 12.5v - this should be 13.5v or higher when engine running.
    - check voltage at starter when running - no output.
    - check fusable line with ohms test and tested fine.
    *** Recommend new alternator
    CONFIRM FIX OF ELECTRICAL ISSUE AFTER REPLACEMENT OF ALTERNATOR

so hopefully that fixes it then I gotta figure out if i am doing a kicker or a relay and then a battery for it. If I can somehow find a 950 cca battery ! Which so far has proven impossble. Not one dealer within 90 min of me has one, nor does 2 bass pro's or cabelas, Canadian Tire, Sail etc..

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Do you have a Batteries PLUS, NAPA, Carquest, O-Reiley's?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulse Lithium View Post
    Things are changing, I would check out Mercury's recent service bulletin
    The subject matter of Mercury's Service Bulletin 2021-06 and 2021-06R1 have been covered in-depth in a post which is pinned at the top of the Forum.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Do you have a Batteries PLUS, NAPA, Carquest, O-Reiley's?
    Napa we got but they don’t have batteries that size here. I just found out we do have a car quest so I’ll contact them tomorrow. Google is showing a batteries plus a couple hrs away so I’ll try them if car quest don’t have it. Thank you!

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Batteries Plus will usually let you order on line, and pickup at the store.

7. Member
    NAPA should be able to get any battery overnight or at least that is the way they operate in this area.
    Quote Originally Posted by naturenut View Post
    Napa we got but they don’t have batteries that size here. I just found out we do have a car quest so I’ll contact them tomorrow. Google is showing a batteries plus a couple hrs away so I’ll try them if car quest don’t have it. Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12