HDS 12 Live lost contour lines

Good evening, I just installed 2 HDS lives on my boat that are networked with HDS gen 3’s. The live at the console lost the contour lines while fishing last week and I can’t seem to get them back. My contour option is greyed out so I’m sure I turned it off somehow but can not figure it out. I have a navionics chip in the other console gen 3 but the 2 units are not communicating. I think it’s a bad Ethernet cord. I used the built in c-map that comes with the lives since it was more detailed than my card ( need to update I know ) but how do I get my contour lines back for the c- map charts. Thanks in advance

2. Member
    Your Navionics chip will not share between units if your ethernet cable is bad.
    ciao,
    Marc

Mine did the same. My fix was to go to each unit and set the maps to Navionics. One was on the C-MAP which prevented the Navionics to operate correctly.
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

Youtube channel... Please subscribe.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp7...VnHj2tQ4BvAaMw

4. Member
    Yes I understand about the Ethernet cable. The thing about the map setting was I had my in-dash gen3 on navionics reading the chip and the live utilizing the C-Map and there was a drastic difference in the detail. I used it for the first day with no issues. The second day while on the water I tried to view it again and this is where I noticed all my contour lines were gone. Like I mentioned the contour or all contours button is grayed out so I’m sure I have turned it off somewhere but unable to find out where. I just figured someone else may have dealt with this issue before. Thanks

5. Member
    Go into the advanced setting and make sure "sonar charts" is on. Mine turns off after each update. Without it on some of the lakes here are just blue blobs

Quote Originally Posted by ddelgado22 View Post
    Yes I understand about the Ethernet cable. The thing about the map setting was I had my in-dash gen3 on navionics reading the chip and the live utilizing the C-Map and there was a drastic difference in the detail. I used it for the first day with no issues. The second day while on the water I tried to view it again and this is where I noticed all my contour lines were gone. Like I mentioned the contour or all contours button is grayed out so I’m sure I have turned it off somewhere but unable to find out where. I just figured someone else may have dealt with this issue before. Thanks
    Did you try what I suggested?
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

Youtube channel... Please subscribe.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp7...VnHj2tQ4BvAaMw