2017 Skeeter FX LE Setup

Need some Skeeter expert info on the setup for this boat. I’m currently running a 24 pitch FXP prop that I am turning 6000-6100 RPM’s tourney loaded with me and partner and full of fuel. My atlas JP sticker on back reads approximately 1.5”( for some reason my jp digital gauge reads 0 until I get up to 10 or 12 then reads up to 20 fine then the same when going down reads back down until it get to 10 or 12 then goes to 0)I play with the jp while running and this seems to be the spot for this motor on this boat. I just swapped to the 24 FXP because I was running a 27 pitch tempest plus but could only turn it 5500 rpm’s and could not even hit 70 mph. Forgot to mention the SHO has been flashed to 300 hp. My fuel burn is less than 3 mpg by my digital interfaced readout on my Lowrance unit. I also realized this weekend my motor only trims to where the rooster tail is approximately the height of my motor cowling ( I know that’s where it should be when running perfect). I tested it today and made sure it was trimming all the way and it was. I stopped immediately after my test run and hit the trim and it went right into tilt mode so there went my theory that it wasn’t trimming as high as it should which was causing me more lift and speed. I need to mention I have removed all the medal slats in the big center box where the Plano 360’s go and that compartment is just used for storage of light weight gear. All my baits are behind the driver and passenger seats. I have 3 lithium batteries a one optima group 31 in the very rear of boat. I love the boat for comfort and fish ability but the speed and fuel burn have me unhappy with its performance. This is my second Skeeter and the only brand that I truly love. Please let me know what you think. Thanks so much

2. Member
    ddelgado, Is it a 20 or 21. My 2019 FX21LE is turning a 25-T2 15-1/8 250 SHO runs on it's
    best day 74 mph - GPS. I have had the prop worked, they gave it more cup and the lift helps
    it run out better. I don't have a Hydraulic jack plate, just a manual one. My prop to pad should
    be 1.75". I have mine at 1 - 5/8ths. I have a great hole shot for my miniature aircraft carrier.

As far as your jack plate gauge, my first guess is that there is a pinch in the line some where.
    it works on pressure and doesn't until it can push enough pressure when it gets to 10.

So with a 300 you should be seeing over 75. The only other thing that could make a difference is
    how is the jack plate shimmed? Speed is a deceptive creature that likes to play hide and seek!

Good Luck!

3. Member
    Hey OK BassBum, My FX is a 20’. I have not had the opportunity to test a 25 T2 but from all the post and videos I read and watched I need to definitely try one. I need to contact Mr. Croxton and advise him what I am dealing with and see if he can work me up a prop to fit my needs. Not only is it a speed issue, the fuel consumption is another problem. We fish mostly river systems and not getting at least 3 mpg really cuts down on how far I can run without refueling. I’ve never had to worry about this before. Like I said I love the boat but these 2 things have me thinking about other boat options. I will check the wiring on the JP gauge to see if it is pinched anywhere. Thanks for the information and reply.

4. Member
    ddelgado, Also did you have a tech slap his laptop on your motor after the flash?

It could be injecting to much fuel. The injector setup for a 300 is different than a 250.

Just a thought!

5. Member
    OK little more test info trying to get my best setup. Tried a 25p Tempest plus by myself this morning with approximately 18 gallons of fuel (gauge read 37%) and was able to get 75 mph with no current. I was feeling very good about that so a buddy of mine that lives on the lake jumped in there with me ( weighs 205 lbs) speed dropped down to 69 mph where I just ran 75. How do I loose so much speed. I could understand 2 or 3 mph but 6????? I also ran a 26 Bravo four blade with me and him in boat and was only able to get 70. I want to try the 25T2 to see what it does but I have just about come to the conclusion I’m seeing about the best this barge will do. Let me know if you have any other thoughts. Thanks