Recessed Trolling Motor Tray

I have a 2009 G3 Eagle 180 and wanting to install a recessed trolling motor tray in the bow deck. Does anyone have any pointers and/or pics? I am so tired of doing the Captain Morgan stance while operating my trolling motor.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyTopBass View Post
    I have a 2009 G3 Eagle 180 and wanting to install a recessed trolling motor tray in the bow deck. Does anyone have any pointers and/or pics? I am so tired of doing the Captain Morgan stance while operating my trolling motor.

Good Luck. I have the same boat and looked in to doing this years ago. The rod box runs all the way to the bow of the boat and gets REALLY shallow near the front (where the recessed pedal tray would go). The tray will take up too much room unless you use only 5 1/2' rods.
    2009 G3 Eagle 180 / 2009 Yamaha F115 / Minn Kota Maxxum 80 / Helix 7 Chirp SI GPS G2N on Bow & Console

3. Member
    Thank you for the reply. I don't even stow rods in the locker due to the small amount space and just converted for tackle storage. The biggest worry is there will be a brace interfering installing the tray. Let me know if there is information on the front deck braces. Will give updates on the project.

4. Member
    I have an Eagle 175 and I’ve thought about doing this. The rod box I used but could live without. I’ve grown tired of the one legged dance.