pantera 3 trailer question

never had a tandem trailer before, can one set of wheels be removed to help tuck boat in tight for garage storage in the winter? my stratos can be really tight to the wall with the single axle? remove front or rear wheels best and safest? always put on jack stands once it is tucked in for 5 months
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

How old is the P3 trailer? You have a couple of options you may not have been considering...
    Back in the early 2000s, the company used to have an option on the tandem trailer where you could pull the front tires up on a couple of boards. Then along the front axle on each side, there was a slide bar you would slide/engage. Then when you back off of the boards, the front tire remain slightly off the ground, making it easier to maneuver into tight spaces.
    The other option is to get a set of Go Jacks for the front tires (Harbor Freight or other stores sell similar).

3. BBC SPONSOR
    I use go jacks from Harbor Freight, they help a lot in moving the trailer. Just a thought.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    i sell those type jacks but hard to tuck up against the walls need to have room to wedge the truck in also-- so the rear axle would be best to carry the boat on only two tires if basscat did that on the trailer I guess

p3 is a 2002
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    MAGA

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    i sell those type jacks but hard to tuck up against the walls need to have room to wedge the truck in also-- so the rear axle would be best to carry the boat on only two tires if basscat did that on the trailer I guess

p3 is a 2002
    ah gotcha, now I see where you are going. not sure how to get it super close to the walls. good point.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

BassCat used to do an aftermarket version of what I was trying to describe. Even though the company and I have parted ways, I certainly understand your situation. The nifty thing they had was the "Pop Axle" option.
    If your trailer is the traditional spring type solid axles, which it should be, you might try calling the factory to see if they have the schematics or a bolt on set still lying around in the shadows. They are not meant to be used for travel of course, but the advantage is being able to lift and keep both front tires off the ground, without removing the tires or the use of Go Jacks.

https://basscat.com/forum/groups/bas...ner/pop-axles/

https://basscat.com/forum/groups/bas...axle-retrofit/

Keep in mind that these threads are over 10 years old. Many workers up there won't know WTF you'll be asking about, so be patient and if they can get you a person that knows a Pop Axle, you may get the best fit for your situation.
    Good Luck with them.

7. Member
    MAGA