crestliner 2000Bay Boat: owners, quality, alternative

Crestliner 2000Bay Boat: owners, quality, alternative

I am shopping a bay boat for retirement!
    I truly love the top cap to the 2000 bay! I am 6ft 5in. Love a large front deck. This appears to be the largest aluminum front deck on a bass or bay boat. I fish with my wife, 80% Bass fishing 20% shallow salt. We like leaning posts and don’t like sitting down in the boat, ie bass boat. I love the minimum clean up and maintenance of an aluminum. We have a Triton 1870 Bay sport, love it. But wishing longer, fast and rod lockers for 7.10 bass flipping rods! Any owners out there with real world thoughts on the 2000 Bay. Any thoughts on quality, pros or cons? Any alternative aluminums with large decks, large rod lockers, 50 mph?
    thanks for your thoughts and time!
    Tomm in Lakeland Florida
    Lakeland FL.
    2006 1870 Triton BaySport
    115 Merc. 4/Stroke
    dreamin- Lake Oconee-Retirement.

2. Member
    Looks like a great vee hull. If this is built at the Lund factory? Should be a winner for sure.

3. Member
    Thanks I’m out or the loop. How would I find out if Lund is building these now under the Crestliner badge? Thanks
    Lakeland FL.
    115 Merc. 4/Stroke

4. Member
    Spoke with my Rep this morning that Reps both Crestliner and Lowe. The Bay Boat you are referring is built at the Lowe factory in Lebanon Missouri. The hull comes from our 22 Deck Boat that has been in our line up for many years. Solid built that gives a great ride.

5. Member
    Texoma, thank you. Seems your very well connected, thanks. Priced a 2000 Bay locally $47,000?. I asked him if I placed an order for a 2000 Bay with him, what would be the cost? He told me same price, $47,000, as Crestliner has MAP pricing. But I go online and ask Crestline to price, build me a boat the price comes in around $37,000? Is dealer yanking my chain? Or is Crestliners website behind on pricing? Also, the website says the 18 Bay transom is .125 and the 2000 Bay transom is .110? I’m happy to call Crestliner for this info, but thought, I’d start here. Thanks Tomm in Lakeland Fl.
    Lakeland FL.
    115 Merc. 4/Stroke

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10sne1 View Post
    Texoma, thank you. Seems your very well connected, thanks. Priced a 2000 Bay locally $47,000?. I asked him if I placed an order for a 2000 Bay with him, what would be the cost? He told me same price, $47,000, as Crestliner has MAP pricing. But I go online and ask Crestline to price, build me a boat the price comes in around $37,000? Is dealer yanking my chain? Or is Crestliners website behind on pricing? Also, the website says the 18 Bay transom is .125 and the 2000 Bay transom is .110? I’m happy to call Crestliner for this info, but thought, I’d start here. Thanks Tomm in Lakeland Fl.
    The 47,000 is real close to the Lowe 20 Bay. Crestliner has not updated for 2022 pricing. That steep jump in price from 2021 to 2022 is about the correct increase across the industry. You may check another dealer. I sell Lowe so I am limited in information.

On a side note if you are trying to order a boat built from the Lowe factory. You might want to check with your dealer about production. For Crestliner boats coming from Lowe production slot on that boat may not be available for 2022 models.

For Lowe dealers production slots for all Lowe product was full as of August with no word yet of production slots open anytime soon.

I would check with LMC in Houston Tx. They may have about 20 ordered. They sell fast in that region. Good Luck
    Last edited by texoma; 11-11-2021 at 10:26 AM.

7. Member
    Thanks for great info.
    Lakeland FL.
    115 Merc. 4/Stroke