power pole install help

I have two power poles on the way that I'm going to install. I have a general idea how the pumps are going to be set up in the bilge. But where do most people have their hoses going in. Does anybody have any pictures of their install that would help a ton, and make me feel better when I punch 4 holes in the splash well area. The boat is a 05 21x anything will help thanks guys

2. Member
    2007 21X - I just re-plumbed and re-wired mine. I'll post some pictures tomorrow for you. I have my pumps and fuses in the port side storage ahead of the battery box. The hydro lines on mine are plumbed in their respective pairs, so only two holes with through hull fittings in the splash area. The hydro lines are wrapped from the through hull fittings to the pole in a sheathing I purchased from cable ties and more website. The hydro lines do travel though the battery box.

Edit: I'm going through the boat, I bought it used this past summer. I'm pretty particular/ OCD about the wiring and plumbing stuff.

Last edited by XXXLTRP; 11-08-2021 at 06:31 PM.

3. Member
    I'm redoing mine boat also next I'm putting a trolling motor and new electronics. New boat prices are a little rough on me now. Thanks

4. Member
    No need for punching holes…..run them through the rigging tube. Didn’t think they would fit but they did easily.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

5. Scraps
    I just have mine poked through the top of the splashwell and coiled around the pumps and batteries. You'll have a lot of extra hose to work with. This was the biggest pondering of my whole install, where to poke through the transom. If you do go through the fiberglass, HydrillaGear makes a really nice fitting I wish I had when I did mine.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

6. Member
    A few pictures, not saying the way mine is done is the best, but it does work well for me and what I'm doing. I have the steering cylinder removed if you notice some stuff missing.
    PP2.jpgPP3.jpgPP4.jpgPP5.jpgPP1.jpg

7. Member
    I ran my lines thru rigging tube as well. Worked fine. A little tight but no holes in the boat.

8. Member
    Running the hoses in the rigging tube does make me feel better than drilling holes in the splash well.

9. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by jdwo2212 View Post
    I ran my lines thru rigging tube as well. Worked fine. A little tight but no holes in the boat.
    How do you get the lines into the rigging tube? I have so much extra line just coiled around the bilge which works great, looks unorganized.
    2017 Phoenix 819

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    How do you get the lines into the rigging tube? I have so much extra line just coiled around the bilge which works great, looks unorganized.
    Order 2 new brass ferules, cut the extra length off after you sort out how to run them and make them clean and neat. It is probably easier to cut the extra off the pump end vs the pole/ ram end. Easy task really. The brass ferules seem to be some what of a specialty version. They are not reusable from my experience, order new ones first.

https://power-pole.com/ferrule-for-5...ession-fitting

11. Member
    I never cut mine off. I just ran 1 line at a time in stretch coil wrap material. I took the rigging tube off and cut a small hole in the wrap and fed the lines thru.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jdwo2212; 11-14-2021 at 04:19 PM.

12. Member
    No need to modify current hoses. I ran mine outside the mesh rigging tube but still through the rigging tube splashwell access. I zip tied my hoses to the outside of the mesh rigging tube to keep it all neat.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

13. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by XXXLTRP View Post
    Order 2 new brass ferules, cut the extra length off after you sort out how to run them and make them clean and neat. It is probably easier to cut the extra off the pump end vs the pole/ ram end. Easy task really. The brass ferules seem to be some what of a specialty version. They are not reusable from my experience, order new ones first.

https://power-pole.com/ferrule-for-5...ession-fitting
    The newer versions, at least on the Blades, are all premade and nto compression fittings. On my old PIIs they used the red and blue lines with compression fittings. I like working with the new lines better.
    2017 Phoenix 819