98 Champion 203 Seats

Just replaced the seats in the Champ and I dunno who thought these little screws would hold the seat back in place but unfortunately it don't. Anyone else have the prob and got a good fix for it? I thought maybe put bolts in it with washers and lock nuts but no access. I was thinking maybe metal sheet rock anchors that have the wings that fold out when the screw goes in, anyone tried those? Thanks for the help
    1998 Champion 203
    1998 Mercury 225
    Minn Kota Ultrex, 10" Helix MSI+ G4N, 10" Helix MDI+ G4N
    "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

2. Member
    I went through it myself.... i went to Lowes and bought toggle anchors... the very long ones that have plastic connectors you tighten down and then screw into the hole.... WOrked great. My 203 has a gas tank under the seats and your livewell could have some hoses behind the seats.. just be careful if you are making new holes...

They looked like this and come in a plastic package that is purple and white.. think the brand is "Toggler"

IDEAL SHIELD Toggle Bolts, Fits Brand Ideal Shield, For Use With Grainger Item Number 4HTJ3 - 42WC50|TOGGLE BOLTS - Grainger

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tallman View Post
    I went through it myself.... i went to Lowes and bought toggle anchors... the very long ones that have plastic connectors you tighten down and then screw into the hole.... WOrked great. My 203 has a gas tank under the seats and your livewell could have some hoses behind the seats.. just be careful if you are making new holes...

They looked like this and come in a plastic package that is purple and white.. think the brand is "Toggler"

IDEAL SHIELD Toggle Bolts, Fits Brand Ideal Shield, For Use With Grainger Item Number 4HTJ3 - 42WC50|TOGGLE BOLTS - Grainger
    I appreciate the input. Thanks
    1998 Champion 203
    1998 Mercury 225

4. Member
    Wouldn't using those make them permanent? How do you remove them if/when you need to replace the backs again?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    Wouldn't using those make them permanent? How do you remove them if/when you need to replace the backs again?

The anchors I'm talking about have a bolt that screws into them so no, they wouldn't be permanent
    1998 Champion 203
    1998 Mercury 225

6. Member
    Don't use toggle bolts, use nutserts. Plenty to choose from on Amazon that won't break the bank. Pay attention to size.

https://www.amazon.com/Astro-Pneumat...G%2CB08SBM1J1C
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarkBird View Post
    Don't use toggle bolts, use nutserts. Plenty to choose from on Amazon that won't break the bank. Pay attention to size.

https://www.amazon.com/Astro-Pneumat...G%2CB08SBM1J1C
    That should work great!
    Thanks
    1998 Champion 203
    1998 Mercury 225