Prop question on Caymas CX18SS with Yamaha 150 SHO

Any help would be appreciative.

Over the weekend, a slung a blade on my prop. I was going down the river in about 16-18 foot of water and all of a sudden my motor started to shake really bad. I came off plan and trimmed motor up to find a blade is missing.

I called my dealer this morning and my prop is on backorder. I am currently running a VMAX 22 - T2 15 1/8.

Is anyone running a different prop? I called another dealer today and they could get me a Solas 23 - 14 3/4.

2. Member
    No answer but would love to know #s you were getting prior to this. Just purchased the CX18SS with 175 Pro XS 22Fury prop. only getting 60mph @ 5800 rpm.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeltz_2 View Post
    Any help would be appreciative.

Over the weekend, a slung a blade on my prop. I was going down the river in about 16-18 foot of water and all of a sudden my motor started to shake really bad. I came off plan and trimmed motor up to find a blade is missing.

I called my dealer this morning and my prop is on backorder. I am currently running a VMAX 22 - T2 15 1/8.

Is anyone running a different prop? I called another dealer today and they could get me a Solas 23 - 14 3/4.
    You might want to try a Tempest, we had awfull good luck on Yam engines back when the T1 yam prop was hard to find! I would think a 22 Tempest would be a good choice!

4. Banned
    Yes that Yamaha 150 SHO will be very accepting of the Tempest. Ran a 24P on some other 18ft 150's.
    The CX18 could utilize a hydraulic jack-plate to some extent but with the widespread powerband of the 150 SHO a 23P-24P Tempest may do the trick. The 24P Fury coming on the 150 Pro Xs even seems to be a little too much prop. Still waiting to do a hydraulic plate with wedges and prop test the CX18 see what the boat can really do aired out. Would have been cool to see the cx18 with 200hp rating for a few more years but when Earl drives a boat and says " We can't release this to the public " you know that sucker was a rockin. Good Luck

5. Member
    I’d be curious to know how fast the CX18 ran with a 200. With a 175 I’ve read guys getting low to mid 60s. The boat is only a few inches shorter than a 18TRX or the Z518 and both of those are within a few inches of the Caymas and 200hp boats. Those will hit 70