Recommendation for 04 Ranger 519 shallow water anchors

Hey guys, As a winter goal I would like to add a set of (USED)shallow water anchors to my 04 519vx with 200 EFI Ultex ,and manual 6" Slidemaster jack plate. I have 3 TM batteries and a cranking in my well so there isn't much room left. I'm looking to save $$$ that is why I'm thinking used. I keep the boat in my home garage so I think I might need the folding brackets so they get in the garage.

If I could get recommendations, expected cost, things to watch out for , and any other tips that would be great.

2. Member
    I put two brand new Sportsman 2 poles on my Ranger 520vx. I already had the brackets. I put the new pumps in the back side storage compartment but there could have been room inside the setback.

Total cost of the new poles delivered on 7/23/2021 was $2250. I heard there was a recent price increase but then everything is more expensive now that Biden is running the country!

3. Member
    I also have an 04 519 and thought it was recommended to not mount powerpoles On the jack plate with that boat. The weight limit on the transom or something. I would like to add some as well, but don’t want to damage my boat. I have a 200 sho on mine p, so I’m right at the max weight limit anyway.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Grits and gravy View Post
    I also have an 04 519 and thought it was recommended to not mount powerpoles On the jack plate with that boat. The weight limit on the transom or something. I would like to add some as well, but don’t want to damage my boat. I have a 200 sho on mine p, so I’m right at the max weight limit anyway.
    no issue mounting poles to that Ranger. Starting Feb 1st there are some significant price increases. Give me a call to go over current deals available till Jan 31st.

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Hez on here installed dual sportsman’s on his 90’s Ranger and wow what a great set up. He has to lower his a little to get it in the garage but once it’s in he raises them back up. It works flawlessly and he has them mounted to his non powered jackplate.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    I put two brand new Sportsman 2 poles on my Ranger 520vx. I already had the brackets. I put the new pumps in the back side storage compartment but there could have been room inside the setback.

Total cost of the new poles delivered on 7/23/2021 was $2250. I heard there was a recent price increase but then everything is more expensive now that Biden is running the country!

If you don’t mind me asking, where did you purchase your poles at for that price? I’m looking to get a couple sportsman 2 and the price I was quoted is $550 more than what you paid.
    2008 Camo Xpress H18 with 2021 Mercury 150 Pro XS 4S Serial # 3B021969

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfreaks View Post
    If you don’t mind me asking, where did you purchase your poles at for that price? I’m looking to get a couple sportsman 2 and the price I was quoted is $550 more than what you paid.
    Feb 1st Power pole moved to MRP pricing as well as had a 100 increase across all models . Dealers used to be able to set price they are no longer allowed to sell below MRP hence the price you were quoted. (2) sportsman II are 2799.98 no matter what dealer you go to. ( obviously we would be free shipping and no tax) There are no rebates, no discounts, no sales period.

8. Member
    I got a set of 8’ blades at a smoking deal and they had the atlas mounting plate. I have a 6” slidemaster manual jackplate and the atlas mounts worked perfect. Just figuring out where to mount the pumps now, but the poles fit perfect and work great.

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I got a set of 8’ blades at a smoking deal and they had the atlas mounting plate. I have a 6” slidemaster manual jackplate and the atlas mounts worked perfect. Just figuring out where to mount the pumps now, but the poles fit perfect and work great.
    is no such thing as "atlas mounting plates" or "slidemaster mounting plates" brackets are based 90 percent on year make and model boat

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    is no such thing as "atlas mounting plates" or "slidemaster mounting plates" brackets are based 90 percent on year make and model boat
    all I know is the boat was a 2016 Ranger 521 And had an atlas jackplate. I have an 04 519vx with slidemaster and it worked perfect.

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    all I know is the boat was a 2016 Ranger 521 And had an atlas jackplate. I have an 04 519vx with slidemaster and it worked perfect.
    thats because Ranger uses S 26 on that boat no matter what jackplate ( provided its sidemountable). As stated no such thing as atlas mounting plates or slidemaster mounting plates. You could put a pro Hijacker or bobs all same bracket.. ( bobs would require the spacers)