Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Straight braid is fine for what you described lily pads and weeds but for clear water deeper presentation you need a leader for drop shotting or ned rigs and so on....
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    Straight braid is fine for what you described lily pads and weeds but for clear water deeper presentation you need a leader for drop shotting or ned rigs and so on....
    Who throws that wimpy stuff lol

You have fished Singletary right ?Water is pretty clear IMHO.. The one place I use a Ned rig in a few spots on that lake for when I can’t get my usual bite going I throw a Ned on 30 pound power pro … made a few bucks on that lake over the years lol

3. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Who throws that wimpy stuff lol

You have fished Singletary right ?Water is pretty clear IMHO.. The one place I use a Ned rig in a few spots on that lake for when I can’t get my usual bite going I throw a Ned on 30 pound power pro … made a few bucks on that lake over the years lol
    I'm not saying you can't catch fish with no leader but you up the odds in deep clear water like Mashpee or Harwich. You can catch fish on butchers twine and a hook...lol
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12