Thread: 2001 X21 setup

USA 2001 X21 setup

im looking for some setup ideas for a X21 dual console w/225 promax as far as setback an props i should try

Quote Originally Posted by tyandle View Post
    im looking for some setup ideas for a X21 dual console w/225 promax as far as setback an props i should try
    doubt anyone has experience. was it one from nashville?
    that lower unit likes to run higher than a xpress would ever need.
    10 minimum on set back trophy hard to beat, again odd motor for xpress.
    friend has a older one with some kind of old merc racing motor only uses for crappie
    probably never seen 50
    Last edited by MIKER2702; 11-07-2021 at 05:23 PM.
    1998 bullet 20xd 2006 225 sport xs

3. Member
    We has one with a 225efi. It liked a 10" plate with a 25 tempest. Promax no clue on what lower or even what was on the EFI. Been to long ago! CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

Thanks for the info and yep it’s the one in Nashville

*Following

Picking up a 2001 X21 DC w/2000 225 Merc EFI next week. Boat currently has 25P Tempest & only does 60 or so. Thinking I should be able to get at least 70 out of it? Debating on a PT or Tempest Plus, have heard good reports on the Tempest Plus but that has been for glass boats. 26P/27P??
    Coonnasty

Cajun Navy 2016
    2000 X21 DC, 225 EFI

6. Member
    I know what it has taken to get 70 out of a X19 and you will have to do hull blueprinting and a bunch of set up and weight loss for a 225 on a X21. We were low to mid 60's on a X21 with hull work and a Strong 225, 27 tempest but normally ran a 25 tempest. I can hit 70 with 2 people full of fuel and a 4 blade prop in cool temps, Croxton 24. My 27 3 blade Yammie prop will get into mid 70's light and does not do good basically anywhere else so I leave the 4 blade on and that is with 270 or so at the prop. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

Blue print the bottom.
    Looks great so far.
    3.0 liter 250 if you can find a deal....
    1998 bullet 20xd 2006 225 sport xs

9. Member
    Ted,
    As others have suggested, I think a t 10" jack plate would help a lot with these hulls. Finding the sweet spot for that gear case and prop, guessing others are right too.. Trophy is pretty hard to beat for all-around handling, hole shot and speed. May not be the absolute top end with a four blade, but handling and stability make up for that... It will be cool to see the transformation of that rig for sure!!!

Thanks smallie

thanks for the info. Im coming out of a blazer 202 so im not really worried about I just want a good all around boat. The blazer was a great boat but I think im going to like the Xpress just gotta play with it on the setup .I’m not really looking for top end speeds.

an I’ll post pics as I redo everything my next step is carpet or sea deck still on the fence

an also what shaft length ultrex 45 or 52 I currently have a 45 just wondering if I need a different one
    Last edited by tyandle; 12-07-2021 at 09:06 PM.

11. Member
    Thanks smallie

thanks for the info. Im coming out of a blazer 202 so im not really worried about I just want a good all around boat. The blazer was a great boat but I think im going to like the Xpress just gotta play with it on the setup .I’m not really looking for top end speeds.

an I’ll post pics as I redo everything my next step is carpet or sea deck still on the fence

an also what shaft length ultrex 45 or 52 I currently have a 45 just wondering if I need a different one
    Don't blame you on the debate over Sea Deck... One thing we ran into with our 01 X19, Welds are not the prettiest once you pull all the carpet off and get rid of all the glue. Not to mention, you need to coat pretty much everywhere the EVA foam won't be, to get it to look nice anyway. We opted to do EVA in the cockpit area and pad/carpet front deck, carpet on back deck. Really pleased with the outcome!

Kind of depends on weight distribution. It seems to me the older boats (like ours) don't sit quite as hi in the bow as the new ones. That said, I know in other threads, others have stated if you end up fishing bigger water, bigger waves, the 52" is the way to go. I have a smoking deal on a 52" Ultrex we'll be installing on the X 19, otherwise I would probably stick with the 45" shaft for most of our style of fishing up here in the northland... :)

Hey guys, spoke with the local Xpress dealer in Baton Rouge last week. Think I'm gonna go with a Trophy Plus 26P. Was told the 26 would put me around 74mph with good hole shot, whereas a 27 should do around 76, but no bottom end. My 2005 X19 3.1L VMAX 200 ran 70mph with a Powertech 25P TR-04 4 blade, similar to the Trophy.

Also, I'll be pulling every piece of carpet out & going with white bed liner w/black & gray splatters. Can't find any white 4 piece seats though, may have to get what's in the boat recovered locally? Unless, someone on the boards does upholstery? I'll start a post for that when that project starts. Did the same thing with my X19, BPS Tuff Coat & Hydro Turf.

Coonnasty

Cajun Navy 2016
    2000 X21 DC, 225 EFI

i just bought the llebroc seats for mine they are out 4-6 weeks though coonnasty

smallie thanks for the info on the carpet can you send some pics of how it looks thats the area i dont want to carpet the console areas
    Last edited by tyandle; 12-10-2021 at 04:00 PM.

14. Member
    i just bought the llebroc seats for mine they are out 4-6 weeks though coonnasty

smallie thanks for the info on the carpet can you send some pics of how it looks thats the area i dont want to carpet the console areas
    I will take a couple picks today for you man. Sorry, didn't check on this thread for a couple days..

15. Member