Wilson Reservoir

I’d like to ice fish it, any guides that someone
    could recommend?

2. Member
    I don't know of any guides there for ice fishing, however there's lots of people that ice fish there,I've heard it's pretty packed is productive areas & long time ice fisherman there are very protective of their holes

I know lots of people do it, but going out on the ice makes me queasy.

4. Member
    I love fishing but i'm not a fan of the ice. I usually try to fish stilling basins for trout if I need a winter fix.
    1990 Champion 184
    Yamaha proV150
    Garmin Electronics

5. Member
    Thx guys.
    Too far to drive to fish it without a guide.

The only person ai can think who might run a trip like that is Adam gilkey with all American fishing tours. He is a striper guide out there and I think I remember him posting some on the ice pics. Hope this helps

7. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-C View Post
    The only person ai can think who might run a trip like that is Adam gilkey with all American fishing tours. He is a striper guide out there and I think I remember him posting some on the ice pics. Hope this helps
    And one of the guys who fishes with him regularly posted an ice fishing video on youtube. His "technique" as he called it was to get out on the ice early and look for all the previously drilled holes and blood on the ice to start fishing. Seemed like a chicken $hit tactic to me...

He asked for an option...I gave him one. He is coming from Indiana to try and catch a striper though the ice for one day.

9. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    And one of the guys who fishes with him regularly posted an ice fishing video on youtube. His "technique" as he called it was to get out on the ice early and look for all the previously drilled holes and blood on the ice to start fishing. Seemed like a chicken $hit tactic to me...
    Why? If nobody is fishing the hole and I see signs of activity there I’m fishing it. It’s public. I’ve seen guys pull up on brush piles I’ve fished after I’ve caught fish off of them and they go on it right after I leave. Doesn’t bother me any.

10. Member
    Blood on the ice may not mean much when looking for stripers. Those fish do a fair share of roaming. Here today, gone tomorrow.
    GETFISHED !!!