Thread: 296TF value?

Dustlane

296TF value?

I’m about sell my beloved Charger after 15 years of ownership. Pretty sad to see her go but I ain’t getting any younger and if I’m gonna ever buy a new boat now is the time. However, I have no idea what to ask for my 296TF. She is in near min condition. Fresh carpet with memory foam padding throughout, Seadek in the cockpit area, Lowrance HDS Live at the console and HDS 12 Carbon at the bow, 80lb Uktrex, lithium trolling motor batteries, the old wood grain dash panels have all been hydro dipped in blue kryptek, seats reupholstered, top cap recleared last year. Runs beautifully. She really does look like a new one. The best boat I’ve ever owned. There are very few Chargers where I live to compare it to so I’m in the dark on what I should ask for it. One of the local boat dealers here says I should ask $20k but I have no idea. I don’t want to overprice it but I don’t want to give it away either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    What year is it? What does it have for a motor??

3. Member
    Sounds like you have it set up well

4. Dustlane
    Sorry I forgot to mention that. It’s a 2001 with. Yamaha OX66 200. I will say that the more I look at boats and what they cost the sweeter my boat looks. Lol. But she does look almost as good as new one. A lot better than two two or three year old boats that I’ve seen.

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I have tossed it around a million times and Ian really just thinking of repower with a 300 merc v8 .Problem is I fish docks and and such so the same rash will be on the new 80,000 dollar one.The 596 does everything I need so no real gain in a new one

6. Dustlane
    Yeah we’re in the same boat. No pun intended. I may just hang onto the ol girl. She’s been good to me and I haven’t had a boat payment in years. I kinda like keeping my money in my wife’s purse. ��