Z19 Prop to pad and chine walk?

Hi all you proud Z19 owners. Does anyone have their PTP set higher than 3.5”? Mine is currently 3.5” and I’m getting some pretty good chine walk at 61-63 mph. Not sure how else to move weight around so wondering if I can raise the motor a bit more in hopes of stopping the walking. If I lower my trim, I lose RPM’s and a little speed. My water pressure is still in the mid 20’s. I’d take any other input on what you guys have done with your Z19 to get rid of the chine walk. I’m ok with running at 60 top speed but knowing the chine walk is there bugs me and I’d like to see what top speed I can get. Haha. Thanks.

2. Member
    I have a 2019 Z19 and I have raised it to 3" and still had the walking. I am currently at 3.5". I moved it back to that because 3" didn't cure it. I did notice this year that when I had a ripple on the water I didn't get any walking. The best I have seen is 66.4 mph at least is what I have seen. I don't always look at my speed. With this new 4 stroke I don't seem like I am using a crazy amount of gas like I did with my 2 stroke mariner so I am using only running like a half a tank of gas even if I am fishing a tournament. Keep me posted if you do any changes and get better results please.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s

3. Member
    Hey guys, These Z19's are very sensitive with the trim around that first mark up on the trim gauge. If you go too far it will be over trimmed to high and walk sooner as your trying to reach top speed. I have found that if I use speed first full throttle and then when the boat is not climbing in speed anymore around 60 -62mph. Then I trim up that last little bit and the boat starts picking up speed again till about 67-68 mph, and the walking is manageable.. If I continue to trim up the speed will not climb anymore, trimmed to high. So 67-68 is my max.
    My livewells are dry, half a tank of gas, smooth water, low wind conditions. My set up PTP is stock at 4 ".

Good luck finding your sweet spot.

2019 Z19

4. Member
    Thanks fellas. I had to switch to a 21P tempest plus (simply because im running at much higher elevation than most) to get 6200 RPM. I don't expect to reach high 60's but think i can get 65. Just hoping to put the chine walk in check. I like being in control of what im driving. All that said, I know i also need some more wheel time.
    Reelfast- thanks for the tips. I likely am trying to rush the trim up as my primary body of water is a windy reservoir so i dont have any real long straight runs to keep it at full speed.