Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

If pay was the same what job would you do?

I always wanted to be a heavy equipment operator but went the professional office route instead. If the pay and benefits were the same I think I would like to try the heavy equipment side of things, specifically demolition where you could operate an excavator or track loader.

2. Banned
    Air Traffic Controller. Was always on my Dream list.

3. Member
    Golf Course Ranger @ Pebble Beach
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    I always wanted to be a heavy equipment operator but went the professional office route instead. If the pay and benefits were the same I think I would like to try the heavy equipment side of things, specifically demolition where you could operate an excavator or track loader.
    X2 for the Track hoe. Wife already knows if we win the lottery I'm buying the biggest one they make and will just drive around the county digging holes
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

Game Warden. That was my plan then thought why would I go to college and not make much money. But, I sometimes still wish I’d done that and not thought about money at all.

6. Member
    Local bait shop worker Tuesday - Thursday.

7. Member
    I would like to be a professional guide that only takes kids and teaches them how to fish.

I love driving a dozer and trac hoe. I told my farmer friend that when I retire I'll come work for him for free if that's all I have to do is dig stuff.

I should just buy a big-assed tracked bobcat and dig basements. Get paid to play.

9. Member
    I would work as a zoo keeper.
    BulletTJ
    Tim
    There is never a wrong time
    to do the right thing!

10. Member
    I'm very happy with the path I took and would not wish to have taken a different direction.

Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    Game Warden. That was my plan then thought why would I go to college and not make much money. But, I sometimes still wish I’d done that and not thought about money at all.
    I agree. I would have loved to be a Game Warden. That's why I love watching Lone Star Law!

Teacher

13. Member
    I own a dirt contracting business ................ I was a city boy and when I got out of college I met two old men building a country golf course............... got on a old , well , ancient bulldozer for them. Been on one ever since. that was back in 1992.

I wouldn't want to do anything else. Cant believe people pay me to have fun everyday !

Making a hobby a job is never a good Idea. I would love to run a bulldozer! Probably would be a better hobby. But I bet Bulldozer operators would like a different job. I am acredited to coach college, and would love to do that, it would be fun job. Enjoy working and mentoring.

15. Member
    Logger and determining timber yields on plots of land.

Was accepted at one of the best forestry schools in the country but ended up going to engineering school instead on a whim because the job outlook was dismal in the NE so I would have to move west.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

I would love to be a researcher 9n great white sharks specifically around the Farallones.

17. Member
    Running a trackhoe can get old real quick when it’s hard ground and you just have to chip away. Gets to where it’s like you’re riding a bull. Cost of running heavy equipment can get real expensive. I could get paid to be a diver down in the keys but it can’t pay like construction.

18. Member
    Marine Biologist
    Rad Brewer

19. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Engineering was the perfect field for me. Couldn’t imagine wanting to work at anything else. Not at all uncommon for me to look forward to getting back to work Monday to get back to what I was doing. Constant problem solving and plenty of hands-on work.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

20. Member
    Squad leader for a FIST or Infantry team...
    Loved that Job. I always said if I could have taken a bust back to E5 or E6 I would have done a few more years..lol
    A Tank commander would be cool but too much maintenance .
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast