Draft depth in a Caymas

Trying to find actual numbers on how shallow a Caymas will draft in skinny water? Looking at a 2021 CX21 and can’t find anything on the Caymas sight indicating its draft. I know most glass boats will probably be close, but just wanted to hear opinions from owners. Likes and dislikes. Off topic but how well do you like the digital gage that you need to scroll through? What reading do you usually have it set on when running? (Water pressure, engine temp, fuel)?
    thank in advance.
    Last edited by Longtail1; 11-06-2021 at 07:43 PM.

2. Member
    I wondered the same thing...but after buying a CX21, fishing it last spring and summer in some of the skinniest water I could find, I have zero issues with draft. Always fish with 2 people, loaded with tackle, agm batteries x4, no power poles. Coming from a Skeeter, I was worried about draft/shallow water, but no problem for these boats. I’d say if the CX21 bottoms out somewhere, just about any glass boat made would too. With gauge, I set it to show gallons per hour and trim. I know how much fuel is in the tank, so I like to know how fast I’m using it (GPH). Trim, just because I prefer it. Could go with engine temp, but I think these motors won’t try to run at excessive temps without alarming or shutting down automatically (Maybe I’m wrong about that??)
    Get the bow entry steps. If you are using agm or wet cell trolling batts, have the dealer move one of the troller batts to the driver’s side, helps to balance boat at lower speeds. Boat comes with 3 blade fury 23 or 24 pitch prop, but try a Mercury Racing Bravo 1 FS four blade 25 or 25.5 pitch. (I took off the 24 fury, put on 25p Bravo1 FS... fury is now the spare.)

3. Member
    Thanks for the info. The trailer didn’t have the bow step but can I definitely see where it’d be useful instead of stepping on the stainless fenders. It had the fury 24. It drove nice but wanted to walk pretty good at 69. Lake was almost glass, wish there was a little chop. Trim was at 5.7 and jack plate gauge was 6. Never ran a JP before so I didn’t touch it. Boat was completely empty and only had the 31agm cranking battery. 75% ful. I’m sure it would run completely different with three troll batteries and gear.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Longtail1 View Post
    Thanks for the info. The trailer didn’t have the bow step but can I definitely see where it’d be useful instead of stepping on the stainless fenders. It had the fury 24. It drove nice but wanted to walk pretty good at 69. Lake was almost glass, wish there was a little chop. Trim was at 5.7 and jack plate gauge was 6. Never ran a JP before so I didn’t touch it. Boat was completely empty and only had the 31agm cranking battery. 75% ful. I’m sure it would run completely different with three troll batteries and gear.
    Way different, needs to be loaded to give a fair assessment.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Longtail1 View Post
    If it is like a Triton it will walk when the engine is too low, most of my Tritons liked 3 inches below pad, some liked 2 1/2.