Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I actually switched to USAA back in 96 after being in a head-on collision and totaled my car. The other guy was at fault and he had USAA. they were so good to me that I switched and haven't had any problems with them. I should also say that I haven't filed any claims since being a member so a lot may have changed in 25+ years.
    2000 Ranger 518vx - 2019 Mercury Pro xs 200

2. Member
    Used to use USAA for everything, now use them for nothing. They are that bad. Terrible rates, terrible service, had one homeowner’s claim in 25 years and the adjuster did nothing but lie to me. Had to lawyer up. Called and asked about coverage another time and they filed a zero payout claim. Then poor banking support. There is no advantage to using them. They don’t have our backs.

Dropped them about 5 years ago after 31 years. They have changed...and not for the better.

Been with them since the early 80’s….Houses on all sides of me have new roofs from hail damage. USAA denied me. Premiums are ridiculous. AND they tell me I’m underinsured since I made them reduce my coverage to the absolute minimum. F them. I’ll switch very soon Cars and everything. I still use the bank because it’s low cost and convenient for our mobile life. I don’t care what anyone says…USAA is NOT the company they were even 15 years ago.

5. Member
    Crappy company that could really care less about its members. It is only about making money for them. I am looking to switch to Farm Bureau.

6. Member
    I went with the Texas Farm Bureau after 13 years with USAA. Their rates went up, and quality declined. Have had zero issues with the Farm Bureau.
    2020 Vexus AVX2080
    HDS 9 Lives

7. Member
    I have had USAA since my active duty time back in the 1980s. They have been excellent in paying claims I had with them, and with paying when my son rear-ended someone and totaled our car. We have had bank accounts., insurance for everything we own, and even a car loan. Not a single complaint during this time. All my kids use USAA too, with no problems.

Maybe the original poster should have titled his post with a little less of a company-wide condemnation?

Good or bad, I still stand by my original comments.. Last insurance company on the planet I would go to after the way they treated enlisted GIs "back in the day"....

"In the 80's and 90's when my wife and I were both Active Duty NCOs, USAA would not talk to us low life enlisted folk - only commissioned officers. We weren't good enough for the prima donna scum until they figured out they could make a lot more money if they serviced us "common folk".."

USAA can kiss my A$$....
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    Solix & Helix w/ Mega Live
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

9. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi Jay View Post
    I have had USAA since my active duty time back in the 1980s. They have been excellent in paying claims I had with them, and with paying when my son rear-ended someone and totaled our car. We have had bank accounts., insurance for everything we own, and even a car loan. Not a single complaint during this time. All my kids use USAA too, with no problems.

Maybe the original poster should have titled his post with a little less of a company-wide condemnation?
    Nope, I stick with my post. Be advised, this column, Veterans, is a good source of info, we are a friendly bunch here that really go out of our way to help each other. It's not like the lounge where everyone seems to what to start some kind of turmoil.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnman81 View Post
    Nope, I stick with my post. Be advised, this column, Veterans, is a good source of info, we are a friendly bunch here that really go out of our way to help each other. It's not like the lounge where everyone seems to what to start some kind of turmoil.

Not saying the Ops did not have a bad experience but I just dropped my 2018 Z71 and added a 2022 Trail Boss and my insurance dropped. I personally love USAA.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

12. MySkeeter
    I’ll let it be know that USAA SUCKS. I had them for many years I’d say 20 some. Had no problems till few years ago when hurricane damaged my house. I got screwed plus rates went up without filing claim. Dropped them went to farm bureau.

Been with USAA for over 20 years for everything from investments to all forms of insurance and never had a bad experience.

14. Member
    I had a claim for my roof after a storm. Adjuster was on my roof in a day and roofing company was paid minus my deductible. No issues at all. I will say there seems to be some people getting better rates down here. I haven't shopped around.

15. Member
    Been with USAA since 76, using vehicle, life, homeowners, renters insurance and investment, banking products. Never had bad experience. I use to compare prices some over the years on vehicle insurance and no one beat them. Homeowners insurance they are not the most competitive and you can find less costly companies. But when you bundle everything you will need to shop hard and long to find a company with better pricing. Find better pricing be sure it is Apples to Apples.

First to admit they are not the company they once were and few companies are after tremendous growth. Use to call and a person answered but now it is a recording usually followed by a hold period. After I get someone the service has been excellent.

Understand others may have different experiences but this has been mine.
    2022 H-20 Xpress
    115 HP Yamaha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12