Sinclair patterns for early winter?

I'm looking to take a weekend trip to lake Sinclair in early December. Is there much grass fishing that late in the year? Thanks!

2. Member
    There's not a lot of grass remaining in December. At times you can find one in the grass but it's very sporadic. We've had a place on Sinclair for twenty years and I love fishing in December, January and February. You have the lake to yourself pretty much. I've found success in the following patterns. My favorite is to skip docks with jigs. The best docks are two feet to five feet deep. The docks with steel or metal dock posts (draws more heat) are the best but the wooden posts are pretty good also. We have red and black crawfish in Sinclair so I primarily skip black/red jigs. I use black/red Z Craw Jr's or Black Neon SK Menaces for trailers. Sometimes they like a larger trailer so I use a SK Denny Craw (smaller profile than the regular SK Craws) in the Black Neon color. In addition, if you can find a pontoon boat "floating on" the water it draws heat also. Secondly, fish concrete ramps (there's a ton on the lake) and concrete seawalls with the same jig, Shad Raps (Green Craw and shad), Chatterbaits and Finesse works (Junebug Red). Also, fish all the rip rap and concrete you see with a "red" craw DT 4 or DT 6 (I get Mark Edgewood to custom paint my DT's). I also use a Lucky Craft 1.5 Spring Craw crankbait on rip rap and concrete. Finally, fish brush piles that you come across with finesse worms (Junebug Red) or a Ned rig. The docks on the Oconee river has a lot of brush in front of them.

Let me know if I can do anything else to help you enjoy our lake. Hope this helps.

3. Member
    Thank you for the pointers!

4. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Were you able to put his tips to any use 5 ?