USA COLD here BUT....

27 this morning...11/4. But according to the weather person it will be in the 60s Mon & Tues.
    I don’t put my boat to sleep for the winter until around thanksgiving. I’ll be out next week.
    When do you winterize your boat? Do you remove ALL tackle, rods, and reels and other things?
    My boat is totally empty when winterize it and the on board charger is always on. Gas treated and I only use ethanol free gas ALWAYS.
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

2. Member
    I average the first week of December when I finally put it away. I'll remove everything but the batteries and keep them on the charger all winter. Luckily, I have a buddy with a jet boat and, as long as the river doesn't freeze, we'll fish all winter long.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

3. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Your lucky Greg. I would love to fish the river again. I used to when my friend had a jet... BUT. Oh well shit happens.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokie Pa View Post
    27 this morning...11/4. But according to the weather person it will be in the 60s Mon & Tues.
    I don’t put my boat to sleep for the winter until around thanksgiving. I’ll be out next week.
    When do you winterize your boat? Do you remove ALL tackle, rods, and reels and other things?
    My boat is totally empty when winterize it and the on board charger is always on. Gas treated and I only use ethanol free gas ALWAYS.
    Fishing is just starting to pick up in southern VA. This is the time of year that I don’t miss PA as winter starts to move in.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

5. Member
    heading to Lake Anna in 11 daysthen after that maybe get out local a time or two dont winterize boat as ot stays in warm lower level garage

6. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mark482vs View Post
    heading to Lake Anna in 11 daysthen after that maybe get out local a time or two dont winterize boat as ot stays in warm lower level garage
    I keep mine in an unseated garage with the cover on her. She makes it just fine until spring. Wish I had a heated garage but vehicles stay in there and it is not really heated either.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

7. Member
    Mine unfortunately is going to be outside covered. I’m not giving up a bay in my heated garage for the boat. We both leave wicked early in the morning so if it snows we need to be ready to go. I measured inbetween my 2 trucks and I might, might be able to make it work but it will involve only access to driver doors cause passenger doors will be too tight which might work. I doubt it but it’s wishful thinking.

8. Member
    I store mine in a Shelterlogic barn style shed. I've had it for 5 years and am just now replacing the original canopy. I have been very impressed with how it's held up to heavy snow and ice. Keeps the boat clean and dry quite nicely.

On the way home from fishing this weekend, I was mulling over if I should just bite the bullet and wash up the boat the next couple of days, since it'll be warm, and put it away. Looks like next week is going to turn pretty cold and not looking like a rebound anytime soon. Thinking I'll just unload it and get all my gear stowed and start thinking about snowmobiling instead.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

I'm done...out early yesterday,,,,,hands so cold they hurt. Cover it up in the driveway and hope March get warm early.
    Allen
    911 Bass Anglers
    Bucks County PA