Thread: Rubex props

Rubex props

Is the rubex s3 the high performance prop also known as the scorpion. Does anyone have any experience with them and how do they compare to a tempest

2. Member
    Yes that is the Scorpion. I had one, and it ran 71 mph at 6000 rpm. My 24 Bravo FS ran 72 mph at 6200 rpm and the engine was not broken in well at the time. The Scorpion runs very stiff and I think if I would have ordered a 23P Scorpion instead of the 24P it would have run as fast as the Bravo FS, maybe 1 mph faster. I have recently run 76 mph at 6350 rpm with a 24 ProMax. A similar boat to mine (but it had a 300 ProXS instead of a 300R) and it ran 70 mph with a 25 Tempest and 68 mph with a 24 Bravo FS but it was brand new not broken in. Some other members with Tempest experience will chime in but I would say guess that a 23 Scorpion would be closer to a 25 Tempest in rpm. The stainless they use is soft, but the prop cost about half what I paid for my Bravo FS, so it is not a bad deal at all.

3. Member
    I have ran this Prop for the last year. Excellent running prop. Yamaha T-1 knock off. Large diameter, lots of bite and lift. Go down 2 pitches as this Prop runs stiff.