Thread: Leak

Leak

Has anyone had any problems with leaks somewhere? I've haven't had my boat long but noticed the bilge kicks on every 20-40 minutes and pumps out maybe a half of gallon of water? Has anyone else experienced this? TIA

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Check the livewell hoses and fittings.....also, if in your driveway, fill bilge area up with hose and see where it's leaking out.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

I had a small leak at the rub rail in the back where the transducer cable came through. Sealed it up, never a drop since then.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Check the livewell hoses and fittings.....also, if in your driveway, fill bilge area up with hose and see where it's leaking out.....
    This is the best idea. It really helps if you remove the 3rd trolling motor battery so you can remove the plate and get a good view of all the pumps. If it's an internal plumbing issue you'll know right away. If all that is water tight, I'd check the rubrail where the cables are being fed in. I had to add some extra black silicone to mine to keep water from getting in. Last thing would be to put the plug in and fill up the bilge, see if the plug itself is letting water through.
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

I had my thru livewell hose fitting leaking where the hose runs from the bottom livewell drain to outside of the boat. When the boat was in the water the water would come up that hose to back fill my livwell but obviously the plug in the drain would stop the water from coming into the livewell. The hose where it met the fitting was where the leak was. I found it by dumping my boat in the water without any black aluminum tray installed so I could see everything down there. I waited and heard the leak and it was pretty easy to find that way.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

I just got a 2021 818 pro it was a mtn dew sweep stakes boat. I found quite a few of my pump out and live well fittings were loose, hand tight at best. It was filling up pretty good back there.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

When they were screwing down the cover over the bilge area someone at the factory put a screw into a livewell hose. Check them.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

8. Member
    also look at your tie down hooks, sometimes they dont seal the u-bolts. have to back off the nuts and put some 3200 in the holes and tighten them back down. if this is where it is leaking you will probably notice a small drip from them in your driveway. the livewell drains are known to be brittle as well, its a simple TH Marine part but a pain to get it. replace it with a non-chrome one if you currently have chrome fittings.

9. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    My one back hook needs to be sealed and my bilg stays dry all day "unless" I use the livewell, so one of those fittings must be loose.

10. Member
    My 2021 819 had a leak, it was the plate that holds the plug in, somebody forgot to put enough sealant in there, popped it off, cleaned it up, resealed it and not a problem since.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    99% of the time.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

12. Member
    It might be as simple as making sure you tighten the bilge plug. I had same iss caused by not getting it tight enough.

Make sure your charging cover is fully closed. Had my pumps keep coming on
    one day and couldn’t figure out where all the water was coming from. It was
    Cover to the battery charger I didn’t have it closed all the way.every time I would stop
    water would come in . ��*♂️