Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    Not much chance of deep discount with low inventory. Only chance of a great deal may be from somebody who recently bought one and wants to sell it because of this recall bs.
    Do you sell everything that gets recalled? You'd have a hard time buying any vehicle if that's the case. Or any Ruger firearm. lol

2. Member
    Just reporting that yesterday the control board was replaced in my MG Tour Pro; after the replacement they had to do those pedal travel codes first before they could do general functional check with remote and foot pedal. All went well. Boat garaged for winter now. Will update this thread after I've had it out on the water in the spring.

Interesting. Just did a check on Tackle Warehouse, Basspro, Cabela's, Overton's, and Academy Sports web sites. None of them list or show the Motorguide Tour Pro. Seems a little odd, no? It did show up on the WalMart and Sportman's Guide sites.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

There weren’t many listings for the Tour Pro w/HD+ Sonar when I bought mine. It came straight from the MG factory through DrewCraft. Contact one of board sponsors. They can run you one down.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

5. Member
    ... my read was Macsimus was suggesting something is up?

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

6. Member
    After hunting season ended my mother board was replaced. I have been out twice and did the calculating each time. the trolling motor is no different than before the recall. all is well (so far)

7. Banned
    I bought mine from BBG Marine, who is a board sponsor, and has them on their website to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyred View Post
    ... my read was Macsimus was suggesting something is up?
    Correct. TW has listed them since they were announced. Seems very strange to me that they would no longer be listed after only 1 year of availability. Brunswick/Mercury pulling the plug?

Happy to report I got mine back and it works flawlessly now!! When card was first replaced all they did was replace the card. When I returned it, they did a foot pedal calibration.

Quote Originally Posted by 176mag View Post
    Happy to report I got mine back and it works flawlessly now!! When card was first replaced all they did was replace the card. When I returned it, they did a foot pedal calibration.
    That's great to hear, Mark. Thanks for letting us know. I dropped mine off last week but won't be able to try it until early March and it won't be here!

11. Member
    Tackle warehouse will be putting the tour pros back online as soon as they get more in stock............. It appears the early issues have resolved and back into production.

This is the response I got from TW when I asked them (email) why the Tour Pro was pulled from the site.

"The webpage was taken down as the arrival was uncertain from the manufacturer. We are expecting another shipment of these motors towards the end of February. As soon as the manufacturer provides updated arrival information, we will post the estimated date to the website.

13. Member
    The new Pro Tour is the TM I want. May wait another year to make sure the bugs have been worked out.
    Fingers crossed!

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

14. Member
    Tour pro is also what I want, patiently waiting
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

​​
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Found this article on Bass Resource from May, 2021. The reviewer had major GPS and Heading lock issues when he tried to set up a new Tour Pro. He received reset instruction that could be performed in the field. Apparently, the reset fixed the issues. I apologize if this has been posted before. Thought it might be helpful to try on the new boards that are continuing to malfunction.
    https://www.bassresource.com/bass-fi...evised-edited/
    I posted this link a while back. Today makes the 2nd trip where I put the MG Tour Pro through it’s paces after following the additional steps outlined in the article above. Prior to that I had only followed the steps in the MG Tour Pro Owners Manual. For reference, this TM was purchased new in 11/21, and came directly from the Mag factory through a board sponsor.
    My impressions overall:
    The Tour Pro is big, but not that much bigger than other current TMs I’ve seen recently. It lays flat when stowed, and doesn’t present a much bigger profile than the Digital Tour 82 it replaced. I like the way it looks on my Sabre FTD. Sharp looking motor and mount.
    If it’s heavy I can’t tell. MG really hit the mark on the lift assist. The force it takes to deploy it is minimal. Pul the handle, pull up slightly, and it breaks over and drops. Almost no effort to deploy or stow. You do have to use the pedal to align the foot for stowing, but that’s a minor annoyance.
    The factory default for pedal tension seems OK for now. That could change.
    The added feel of the electric motor is more of a “less smooth” feel than anything. It’s not annoying or rough, it’s just different.
    As for noise. This new Tour Pro is quieter than my old Digital Tour which says a lot. It was never noisy. A very quiet motor under power, and a quiet electric motor in Anchor Mode.
    In Anchor Mode it performed flawlessly on both trips (after all steps were completed). The first trip was on a fairly windless day. I setup on a creek mouth and put the TM in Anchor Mode using the remote. The boat remained steady within 4-5:feet of where I set it for 30+ minutes. Speed setting 4.
    Today the wind was blowing 10-15mph with gusts to 20. I set up off a point facing into the wind, set the speed to 6-7, then set Anchor Mode. The TM kept the boat in place about 30 yards from the spot I was fishing for around 30 minutes. With the wind blowing I could barely hear it running as it made adjustments and kept the boat in place.
    Call me impressed. So far, this TM has performed flawlessly in all respects.
    These are just my initial impressions. We’ll see how it does long term. So far, I really like it.
    Anchor Mode will change the way I fish in a big way. No more worrying about staying on the pedal to fish a windy point, or stop to re-tie a bait, or land a fish without drifting. Why didn’t I get this before?
    As for the steps followed,
    I went through the GPS Compass Calibration M<Hold>111 step 5 times. Deploy TM > Align directional arrow with bow > Use OB to slowly idle in 2+ circles until the TM emits a beep to verify a GPS signal. I repeated these steps 3 times. The TM was stowed, and power was turned off at the switch after each time. After power was restored, the TM was deployed, and the GPS Compass Calibration was repeated. The Tour Pro successfully completed satellite acquisition on all 3 attempts. Once I was assured I had a GPS signal, the additional steps were completed.
    M<Hold>284 code is for GPS Steering
    M<Hold>285 code is for GPS Foot Travel.
    These are additional steps to those outlined under MG Tour Series FAQs on the MG website. https://www.motorguide.com/us/en/own...ries-faqs.html

I hope this has provided some useful information for those of you that had GPS issues, or just want make sure your TM is calibrated correctly.
    Last edited by RazorCat; 02-23-2022 at 05:41 AM.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    ​​

I posted this link a while back. Today makes the 2nd trip where I put the MG Tour Pro through it’s paces after following the additional steps outlined in the article above. Prior to that I had only followed the steps in the MG Tour Pro Owners Manual. For reference, this TM was purchased new in 11/21, and came directly from the Mag factory through a board sponsor.
    My impressions overall:
    The Tour Pro is big, but not that much bigger than other current TMs I’ve seen recently. It lays flat when stowed, and doesn’t present a much bigger profile than the Digital Tour 82 it replaced. I like the way it looks on my Sabre FTD. Sharp looking motor and mount.
    If it’s heavy I can’t tell. MG really hit the mark on the lift assist. The force it takes to deploy it is minimal. Pul the handle, pull up slightly, and it breaks over and drops. Almost no effort to deploy or stow. You do have to use the pedal to align the foot for stowing, but that’s a minor annoyance.
    The factory default for pedal tension seems OK for now. That could change.
    The added feel of the electric motor is more of a “less smooth” feel than anything. It’s not annoying or rough, it’s just different.
    As for noise. This new Tour Pro is quieter than my old Digital Tour which says a lot. It was never noisy. A very quiet motor under power, and a quiet electric motor in Anchor Mode.
    In Anchor Mode it performed flawlessly on both trips (after all steps were completed). The first trip was on a fairly windless day. I setup on a creek mouth and put the TM in Anchor Mode using the remote. The boat remained steady within 4-5:feet of where I set it for 30+ minutes. Speed setting 4.
    Today the wind was blowing 10-15mph with gusts to 20. I set up off a point facing into the wind, set the speed to 6-7, then set Anchor Mode. The TM kept the boat in place about 30 yards from the spot I was fishing for around 30 minutes. With the wind blowing I could barely hear it running as it made adjustments and kept the boat in place.
    Call me impressed. So far, this TM has performed flawlessly in all respects.
    These are just my initial impressions. We’ll see how it does long term. So far, I really like it.
    Anchor Mode will change the way I fish in a big way. No more worrying about staying on the pedal to fish a windy point, or stop to re-tie a bait, or land a fish without drifting. Why didn’t I get this before?
    As for the steps followed,
    I went through the GPS Compass Calibration M<Hold>111 step 5 times. Deploy TM > Align directional arrow with bow > Use OB to slowly idle in 2+ circles until the TM emits a beep to verify a GPS signal. I repeated these steps 3 times. The TM was stowed, and power was turned at the switch after each time. After power was restored, the TM was deployed, and the GPS Compass Calibration was repeated. The Tour Pro successfully completed satellite acquisition on all 3 attempts. Once I was assured I had a GPS signal, the additional steps were completed.
    M<Hold>284 code is for GPS Steering
    M<Hold>285 code is for GPS Foot Travel.
    These are additional steps to those outlined under MG Tour Series FAQs on the MG website. https://www.motorguide.com/us/en/own...ries-faqs.html

I hope this has provided some useful information for those of you that had GPS issues, or just want make sure your TM is calibrated correctly.
    Just to note, when using anchor mode the speed setting has no effect. The motor will use the correct amount of speed it needs to keep the boat in position.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Just to note, when using anchor mode the speed setting has no effect. The motor will use the correct amount of speed it needs to keep the boat in position.
    You are correct. Don’t know why I thought it needed my input on Anchor Mode. Noted.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Question regarding the HD+ Sonar on the MG Tour Pro.. What transducer do you select from the list when setting it up for the first time?
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

19. Member
    hdi 83/200
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    hdi 83/200
    Thank you.
    BassCat Sabre FTD