Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    The module is in the head. Takes 15-20 minutes to change out. Pretty straight forward Motorguide has a couple YouTube videos on there website.

2. Member
    Friend of mine dropped his off at Angler's Choice in Spindale, NC this morning to get his fixed.

3. Member
    anybody knows who ships the recall parts to the repair shop for the recall? if I knew,I could call them to find out what's happening?

4. Member
    Does anyone know if new ones being shipped have had the problem corrected? I just got a big raise at work and was thinking of buying myself a nice Christmas present.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassbme View Post
    Does anyone know if new ones being shipped have had the problem corrected? I just got a big raise at work and was thinking of buying myself a nice Christmas present.
    Pick another brand , that would be a better present.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powbass View Post
    anybody knows who ships the recall parts to the repair shop for the recall? if I knew,I could call them to find out what's happening?
    Mercury/ Motor guide

I ordered a Tour Pro 24v with HD+ Sonar last week. Received it on Friday, 10/19. I asked my dealer the same question. Was I purchasing a Tour Pro that had all the upgrades? The motor shipped directly from the factory, so it’s reasonable to assume it’s an up-to-date model. I can’t imagine why MG would ship a new motor with known GPS issues that will ultimately have to be recalled. But, I’ll verify status when I register it.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

8. Member
    Since mine has been flawless, I am scared to look to see if it's subject to the recall. :lol:
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

9. Member
    I was going to order a new Tour and started thinking about the same thing.. was mine going to be subject to the recall. Never could get a straight answer....so I ordered a new Ghost instead.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    I ordered a Tour Pro 24v with HD+ Sonar last week. Received it on Friday, 10/19. I asked my dealer the same question. Was I purchasing a Tour Pro that had all the upgrades? The motor shipped directly from the factory, so it’s reasonable to assume it’s an up-to-date model. I can’t imagine why MG would ship a new motor with known GPS issues that will ultimately have to be recalled. But, I’ll verify status when I register it.

10. Member
    RazorCat, thanks for the reply, and I would think the same as you, if the motor is shipping straight from the factory, it shouldn't have that same problem.

As for the other suggestion that picking another brand would be a better present ....... not in my book. I have a 75 lb 24V Tour Edition on my boat right now. It's been an awesome trolling motor. I don't see a reason to change to a different brand.

Same with my current Tour 82 Digital. It’s been flawless. Still quiet, tight, and in good shape. Honestly, if it wasn’t for Anchor Mode I’d have thought twice. Somebody’s going to get a peach when I sell it. And it’s got a good sold feeling metal pedal. That and cable steer are the reasons a Tour Pro was my first choice. Can’t stand a squishy plastic pedal.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

12. Member
    Same with my current Tour 82 Digital. It’s been flawless. Still quiet, tight, and in good shape. Honestly, if it wasn’t for Anchor Mode I’d have thought twice. Somebody’s going to get a peach when I sell it. And it’s got a good sold feeling metal pedal. That and cable steer are the reasons a Tour Pro was my first choice. Can’t stand a squishy plastic pedal.
    Exactly !!! I went from the OMC trolling motor that was ordered on my boat when brand new, to my current Tour Edition. Anyone that ever had an OMC trolling motor knows how great they were. No way was I going to go to a plastic foot pedal. That, and at the time I bought my Tour Edition, all of the TMs with spot lock, deployed and stowed like the Terrova or Uterra. No way was I going to buy a TM that deploys and stows like those motors do.

Glad I waited for the Tour Pro, and if I have to wait a little longer for them to get a few bugs worked out, I am more than alright with that.

My son was helping me pull my old batteries out yesterday, and staging the new ones for install. I’ve got some minor cleanup and some mods I want to do before I drop the lithiums in place. We started unboxing the Tour Pro last night and laying all the pieces out on the front deck for quick access on the install. Going to be a little larger and heavier than the old Tour 82 Digital. And the signature Tour Pro head? It’s YUGE! Looks likes the fuselage off a Stealth Fighter. It’s gonna look bad ass once I add some wings and a V tail.
    0E14BBFE-B82B-4F8B-A7A3-6F5D72FF4D64.jpeg
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

14. Member
    My son was helping me pull my old batteries out yesterday, and staging the new ones for install. I’ve got some minor cleanup and some mods I want to do before I drop the lithiums in place. We started unboxing the Tour Pro last night and laying all the pieces out on the front deck for quick access on the install. Going to be a little larger and heavier than the old Tour 82 Digital. And the signature Tour Pro head? It’s YUGE! Looks likes the fuselage off a Stealth Fighter. It’s gonna look bad ass once I add some wings and a V tail.
    0E14BBFE-B82B-4F8B-A7A3-6F5D72FF4D64.jpeg

LOL ..... yeah, the head unit does look rather big. And a very fitting comparison to the F-117 lol I am curious about one thing though? How does the size of the foot pedal compare with the older Tour Edition's foot pedal? It looks like it might be wider? And if it is, by how much? I have a Troll Eze recessed tray in my boat. I'm hoping the Tour Pro's foot pedal will fit in it.

How does the size of the foot pedal compare with the older Tour Edition's foot pedal? It looks like it might be wider? And if it is, by how much? I have a Troll Eze recessed tray in my boat. I'm hoping the Tour Pro's foot pedal will fit in it.
    https://www.motorguide.com/us/en/own...ries-faqs.html
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

16. Member
    Macsimus, thanks a lot for that link. Tells me exactly what I want to know. Very much appreciated !!!

Service Parts Inventory
    IMPORTANT: Do not install any current on‑hand inventory of the control board 8M4004747 with marking REVK into the Tour
    Pro trolling motor.
    If there is any current inventory of control board part number 8M4004747 with the REVK marking, file a parts and accessories
    warranty claim through the normal processing channel.
    NOTE: REVL control boards will have the updated software to repair this issue.

Copied the upabove from the service bulletin. With the current world situation get your Tour Motor to your service center and be patient. As stated in earlier posts it doesn't take long to replace the board. Safety on the water is and should be your main concern. ⁰
    G3 HP180
    Yamaha 115 4 Stroke

Macsimus, thanks a lot for that link. Tells me exactly what I want to know. Very much appreciated !!!
    I did a rough measurement of the base at the rear of the pedal and it was 9”. I measured the pedal recess area on my Sabre FTD and it’s going to be a tight fit. I may have to shim it a 1/4-3/8” to make it fit. I do like the way it’s laid out. Oversized buttons and speed dial are nice touches.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

19. Banned
    it still boggles my mind that in a world of programmable everything via USB that Motorguide would omit a USB port somewhere, or the ability to use bluetooth, to update the firmware on these things. Anytime software is involved it should have the ability to be easily updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    it still boggles my mind that in a world of programmable everything via USB that Motorguide would omit a USB port somewhere, or the ability to use bluetooth, to update the firmware on these things. Anytime software is involved it should have the ability to be easily updated.
    How would you install an update? Service center?
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast