Prop help 05 Ranger Z 21 and a Mercury 250 Verado

I have a 05 Z21 and a Mercury Verado that I recently purchased. It came with a Laser 23 and I'm not getting the speed or rpm that I need. I am told that I need about 6200 RPM and I'm at 5900 and about 58 mph. Have been told that my boat should run about high 60s to low 70s. What prop should I be using? any help will be appreciated.

2. Member
    Will need to know the prop to pad measurement. You have almost 17% slip so there is definitely something a miss.

3. Member
    Call Rothwell Marine, a Board sponsor, and they will set you up

4. Member
    The laser is an older design prop geared towards lighter, lower powered rigs. Suspect a tempest or bravo would be a much better match.

5. Ryan_8
    I have a 250xs on mine. I currently run a 23p tempest that has been worked with added cup. I recently upgraded batteries to group 31s. With my current setup I run 67 fully loaded with two people at 5750 rpm. Last summer I tried a bravo 1 24p and had similar numbers to my tempest but with better holeshot. I've also tried a fury 3 23p and 25p but topped out at 62 mph. Mark Croxton recommended the tempest on this boat due to the larger blade diameter for 3 blade setups. My recommendation is to demo or try and find a 24p Bravo 1 fs and adjust from there. This prop will give you the best overall performance for this hull IMO.

6. Member
    thank you Wild Card