Thread: Boat cleaner

Boat cleaner

So what do you use to keep your boat looking new? Something like the spray on wipe off cleaners/wax I see advert for cars. Something to keep fiberglass looking good.

2. Member
    I always used Eagle One Wax As You Dry on my boats. If it is super hot and dry when I pull the boat out of the water....I will wait until I wash the boat at home to apply it. It keeps the finish bright and shiny and provides a slick finish.

3. Member
    I like the Lucas marine speed wax, but any number of products will do the same thing. I wipe the boat down every time I pull it out, and apply speed wax maybe every other time. Only wash when necessary, usually after a long drive.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

4. Member
    So far I wash mine after being on The water and then Lucas slick mist. I’ll likely wax it this spring

5. Member
    Thanks for the suggestions

6. Member
    I'm A Lucas Slick Mist guy too. Plus wax it once or twice a year with Meguiars Marine wax.
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI

7. Member
    I clean the scum line at the ramp before I head home. Before i put the cover on I spray it down with Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax and wipe it down. Hand wax once or twice a year. My boat is a 2013 and it still looks new.
    Lucas Slick Mist is good also.

8. Member
    https://www.amazon.com/McKees-37-Mar...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

This is another product I use when I wash the boat and am not doing a wax. Quicker than even spray wax, just spray on and hose off before drying. Works even better than quick wax in my opinion, and super easy to use when washing.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

9. Member
    I wipe my entire boat and trailer at the boat ramp with a damp cloth. And spray it with Lucas slick mist or bass boat saver. I like both product but Lucas is sold locally and I have to order bass boat saver so I use Lucas more recently.
    Last edited by steinybass; 11-06-2021 at 05:48 PM.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s

10. Member
    Lucas oil slick mist for my boat and motor after it comes out of the water religiously. 303 UV protectant spray on my seats three to four times a year. Turtle Wax hybrid solutions ceramic spray coating twice a year. I also thoroughly wash the carpet with a carpet shampoo'er once a year using a mixture of white vinegar and water.
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner