Thread: Performer

Performer

what performance difference would be expected between a full performer, a BC performer 4, and a SC performer 4?
    Stroker w/ 300 SuperMag

2. Member
    Like to know that myself
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

3. Member
    I have a 30 Performer 3 blade with a lot of modification. Best speed on a 2005 250XS is 94.8. I also have an out of the box 30 Performer BC 4 Blade. Best speed 94.8. The 3 blade has the best hole shot.

I also have a slightly modified 28 Performer 3 blade that will run low 90's and has a pretty good hole shot. I use it mostly at higher elevations or really heavy load.

Not sure this will help much.
    fastglass1
    2000 Stroker
    2005 250XS
    30+ Performer 3 and 30 Performer 4

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fastglass1 View Post
    I have a 30 Performer 3 blade with a lot of modification. Best speed on a 2005 250XS is 94.8. I also have an out of the box 30 Performer BC 4 Blade. Best speed 94.8. The 3 blade has the best hole shot.

I also have a slightly modified 28 Performer 3 blade that will run low 90's and has a pretty good hole shot. I use it mostly at higher elevations or really heavy load.

Not sure this will help much.
    what’s your elevation? I’m interested in ordering a new performer 30 pitch but can’t decide between 3 or 4 blade. I fish fairly heavy.

5. Member
    As I stated, the 4 blade is stock. I think with a bit of work, it could be as good as my 3 blade for hole shot. My 3 blade has a lot of modification to get where it is at. This includes cup to the tips and a leading edge cut and then some small tweaks. There was also some blade repair due to hitting some debris.

If these 2 props were no long usable and I had to buy one, I would probably go with the 4 blade BC. It is the only prop that has worked out of the box for me. I believe I would still have to get some rework done mostly to improve hole shot.
    fastglass1
    2000 Stroker
    2005 250XS

6. Member
    What's the deal with the holeshot? Does it bog down or spool up or blow out like a promax? I have 2 promax props I run now and a full performer 4 on the way. Just curious of what to expect and my send it back to get a bc or sc cut.
    Stroker w/ 300 SuperMag

7. Member
    All of the props that I have tested on my boat have had a tendency to blow out during the hole shot. To reduce this, I have had a bit of cup added to the tips.

My 30 BC Performer 4 did not have the blow out problem but was kind of the reverse. It would not spool up especially when loaded with 2 people. I suspect that reducing the cup of the tips would have helped.

A couple of years ago I added a hole shot plate. It helped some, especially with the 4 blade, so I have not had the 4 blade worked. This last summer I was coming up on plane and hit a boat wake harder that I expected and it broke the actuator for the hole shot plate. I replaced the actuator with one that had a longer stroke and that made a huge different with the 4 blade and I have been running the 4 blade all the time. This last weekend I put the 30 Performer 3 blade back on the boat. The hole shot was even better than the 4 blade. It spooled up faster and the bow did not rise up as much. It also did not blow out.

Over the winter the 4 blade will be going in for some rework. Hopefully I can get it to where I want it on the hole shot without loosing any top end.

Hopefully this help others. If you have question, I am happy to share what I have found. Please note, other Stroker's may see different results.
    fastglass1
    2000 Stroker
    2005 250XS

8. Member
    It did help a lot, I may have an issue with it not spooling since mine has more ventilation than an optimax but we will see.
    Stroker w/ 300 SuperMag

9. Member
    I have a 30 BC 4 blade & a 30 SC 4 blade, I personally like the BC myself and it seems to do everything I like. It jumps up faster than the SC and just seems to perform all around better. I'm not bashing the SC as I have no intentions of getting rid of it just like the feel of the BC a little better. The SC is a little harder to spool up and get out of the hole but once on top she eats.
    Stroker Boats
    John 3:16

10. Member
    Austin, what Promax do you have? I need to try a 31
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

11. Member
    My rig seems to work best with a uncut performer. 32p4, 30p3 and a 28p3. For fishing I prefer my 28 & 30 q4x0b or 28p promax. The 30 and 32 performers have run trips as well as the 30 q4xob. As far as hole shot, the smaller the pitch the quicker the hole shot.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK R View Post
    Austin, what Promax do you have? I need to try a 31
    Hey Mark, yeah I have one that my work for you. It's a 30 with added tip cup so runs a little stiff. Give me a call 904-607-2274 I don't have a cav ring, if you don't I'm sure Mike has one at the shop.
    Stroker w/ 300 SuperMag

13. Member
    Running the 250 the 32 bc performer was the best prop for top speed and hole shot. 1.75 gears and hole shot was pretty good. Top speed was 100.4. With the 30 top speed was 97. Never ran a performer 4 on it. Running the 300x the 30 performer was best. 105.1 but billy had worked the prop several times so I'm not sure what pitch it actually was.