2021 150 pro xs fogging?

2021 150 pro xs Ser# 3B069972, is it safe to fog cylinders for winterization? Fuel is treated, oil and filter changed, lower unit lube done.

2. Member
    Don says in a thread several posts down to not fog the cylinders on a 4 stroke because it can mess up and foul the wide band O2 sensor.

3. Member
    I think Don was talking abot v6 and v8, the 150 is a four cylinder.

4. Member
    In the Merc OM it says to spray 1 oz of storage seal into each cylinder. 2019 250 Pro XS. Just did it to mine yesterday for the second year in a row.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Bob71 View Post
    In the Merc OM it says to spray 1 oz of storage seal into each cylinder. 2019 250 Pro XS. Just did it to mine yesterday for the second year in a row.
    Yes, it can be done this way, though I'm a bit wary of the wideband O2 sensor's health later in life. IF you're going to fog it, I would definitely use EXACTLY what the manual specifies.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    How do you turn it over after spraying the oil into the cylinders? assuming done by taking out the sport plugs and spraying directly into cylinder.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Remove lanyard, remove plug wires (put on spark tester or grounded).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor